Skip to main content

Hi support,

I started a contract with KPN yesterday. I pay for 1Gbit/s, but even without any other device in the network and with a wired connection (cable supports 1Gbit/s), I get max. 20-25 mb/s download and 18 mb/s upload. Since it is very, very difficult to get in contact with anyone at KPN, I ask here to please have a look.

edit: ofc, i made sure that

-Measure with the ookla app (can ben downloaded in Windows store)

-Make sure VPN is turned off

-Use a minimum of 2 pc's/laptops and make sure the ethernetcard can handle these kinds of speed (only conntected ONE device)

-Dont use an Ethernet to USB adapter

Same here. At this very moment, I am getting max 100 Mbs?? Earlier, I reached 936 Mbs.

Make sure you both don’t test on wifi, but wired only. If the speed still is this low, then complete your profile, so KPN may take a deeper look into your situations.

Just to make sure: take the router and fiber box two minutes from power and then reconnect them. After the internet connection has been re-established, try testing once more.

Make sure you both don’t test on wifi, but wired only. If the speed still is this low, then complete your profile, so KPN may take a deeper look into your situations.

I am not sure how I can make it more any clearer, as I already mentioned twice, I use of course a CABLE and NOT wifi. I will fill out my profile.

I also tried to take the router and fiber box two minutes from power. But it didn’t fix the issue (currently 13.3 mb/s down, 14.1 up).

Thanks for your answer.

Hi @Ben3Ben3 13.3/14.1 is WAY too low. I assume you have already tried different cabling and testing with no other equipment between PC and router?

Then this is definitely something that KPN may pick up.

Hi @Ben3Ben3 13.3/14.1 is WAY too low. I assume you have already tried different cabling and testing with no other equipment between PC and router?

Then this is definitely something that KPN may pick up.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, tried different cable, different device (though all worked well with my old provider).

Lets see if KPN can pick it up!

Geen resultaat; heb alle standaardoplossingen doorlopen. En zit nog altijd onder 100 Mbs ipv 1000 Mbs. Morgen maar weer eens bellen, krijg er echt een sik van. Sinds het abonnement nog niet één week gehad waarin de beloofde snelheid 7 dagen lang op rond de 930 Mbs bleef…..

Geen resultaat; heb alle standaardoplossingen doorlopen. En zit nog altijd onder 100 Mbs ipv 1000 Mbs. Morgen maar weer eens bellen, krijg er echt een sik van. Sinds het abonnement nog niet één week gehad waarin de beloofde snelheid 7 dagen lang op rond de 930 Mbs bleef…..

gebruik je eigen topic ipv het kapen van iemand anders zijn topic met misschien wel een heel andere oorzaak

gebruik je eigen topic ipv het kapen van iemand anders zijn topic met misschien wel een heel andere oorzaak

Wat een toon zeg! En laat dat opgeheven wijsvingertje maar achterwege. Je bent toch geen mod of wel? Bovendien vond ik het niet nodig om wéér een separaat topic over traag internet te openen. “Kapen”; overdrijven is ook een vak.

Wat een toon zeg! En laat dat opgeheven wijsvingertje maar achterwege. Je bent toch geen mod of wel? Bovendien vond ik het niet nodig om wéér een separaat topic over traag internet te openen. “Kapen”; overdrijven is ook een vak.

Ik wil als eerste iedereen bedanken voor de bijdragen in het topic en de intentie is overduidelijk de wens om te helpen. Ik verzoek ieder om het vriendelijk en respectvol te houden naar elkaar toe. Al hebben we als moderators wel het liefst wanneer je inhoudelijk op je eigen problematiek wenst in te gaan, je dan een een eigen topic opent. Ik zie dat je dat in het verleden ook hebt gedaan Martin. Je kan daar altijd in verder maar je kan inderdaad ook even bellen met 0800-0402.

Ik wil als eerste iedereen bedanken voor de bijdragen in het topic en de intentie is overduidelijk de wens om te helpen. Ik verzoek ieder om het vriendelijk en respectvol te houden naar elkaar toe. Al hebben we als moderators wel het liefst wanneer je inhoudelijk op je eigen problematiek wenst in te gaan, je dan een een eigen topic opent. Ik zie dat je dat in het verleden ook hebt gedaan Martin. Je kan daar altijd in verder maar je kan inderdaad ook even bellen met 0800-0402.

Also, please, please, please don’t start a converstation in Dutch, when I clearly don’t speak the language (otherwise, why would i post in english). I don’t think that is very polite, @Martin712 . Besides that, feel free to add your issues to this topic if they are relevant.

@Remco_ unfortunately i marked the issue as solved. is it possible to change that? My issue is not yet resolved. Thanks!

• check if the speed of the network adapter is 1000 mbit or more
  • Check if the cable is not CCA aluminium garbage cable prone to breaking etc. (or check if it has 568B or 568C marks on it). Ziggo thinks it's a good idea to provide people with garbage cable for example.
  • login to the modem and check links are gigabit and have no errors or very little errors on the link(not sure if you can do that with all experiaboxes….) The cheap cable will cause errors.
  • It sounds like some cable causes it to hang on 100 mbit instead of 1 gbit/sec or more, but you are still a little bit higher then 100 mbit/sec. This can also be the cable between the experiabox and the wall connection maybe.
  • Check in windows that the connection speed is 1 gbit/sec or more.
  • Are you using KPN Barendrecht to test?

• check if the speed of the network adapter is 1000 mbit or more
  • Check if the cable is not CCA aluminium garbage cable prone to breaking etc. (or check if it has 568B or 568C marks on it). Ziggo thinks it's a good idea to provide people with garbage cable for example.
  • login to the modem and check links are gigabit and have no errors or very little errors on the link(not sure if you can do that with all experiaboxes….) The cheap cable will cause errors.
  • It sounds like some cable causes it to hang on 100 mbit instead of 1 gbit/sec or more, but you are still a little bit higher then 100 mbit/sec. This can also be the cable between the experiabox and the wall connection maybe.
  • Check in windows that the connection speed is 1 gbit/sec or more.
  • Are you using KPN Barendrecht to test?

Thanks for your help, but as I already said a couple of times, it is NOT the cable. I do know a bit about cables and I do know for a fact that the cables I use work well (I even tried out different ones). Within the ziggo box it shows 1 Gbit and excellent as connection. Still I get 15 mb/s as download (25 mb/s when I am lucky). With my previous internet provider it worked flawless…

I used different speedtests ( ookla app (can ben downloaded in Windows store) - as suggested in another support thread), but while chaning the speedtest could show a small different, it most definetly doesn’t explain the super slow speed (which I even notice when surfing the web!).

Don't put it on mb/s, but mbps