Skip to main content

I have a KPN internet connection from Aug 2020.We have experienced that wifi stop working from couple of mins in a day , 2-3 days in a week which hinder our work. After complaining this to KPN(earlier) they asked us to reset modem.Doing it did not solve the problem and I had same problem maily on rainy and windy weather time .

On 17th of May 2021 , I again called the customer care and with other ajustments i shared my problem with them.The medewerker did some investigation and said that he can see the issue at KPN side for our connection.He informed me I will send technician to look into it and get rectified.I asked whether this will be a paid service or free. He informed me that this will be free as this is at KPN side.

Technician arrived on the same day. He look our connection and informed us that internet connection is thru very old copper cables in our house and he can not do much, instead he moved modem from connection place(which was our woon kamer) and put it on the place where connection coming directly thruogh KPN cables i.e. nearby out flat enterance(with this new movement we are not facing the issue but wifi coverage in back side rooms are less as tiles are coming in between now ). After finishing his work he send the bill of 60 euros.I again called customer center informing that this was free service  and they say that we can not do anything and sorry that other medewerker give you wrong information about free service.

This is very wired that first they informed that it will be a free service and when customer agree to welcome technician , he do work and send you bill.and calling them again..answer is we can not do anything :(

Also I have a question..why when techinician came for 1st time installation(they have charged fees for that also ) did not look into the connection details ?

*Admin: eigen topic voor je vraag aangemaakt

I have a KPN internet connection from Aug 2020.We have experienced that wifi stop working for couple of mins in a day , 2-3 days in a week which hinder our work. After complaining this to KPN(earlier) they asked us to reset modem.Doing it, did not solve the problem and I had same problem maily on rainy and windy weather time.

On 17th of May 2021 , I again called the customer care and with other ajustments i shared my problem with them.The medewerker did some investigation and said that he can see the issue at KPN side for our connection.He informed me I will send technician to look into it and get rectified.I asked whether this will be a paid service or free. He informed me that this will be free as this is at KPN side.

Technician arrived on the same day. He look our connection and informed us that internet connection is thru very old copper cables in our house and he can not do much, instead he moved modem from connection place(which was our woon kamer) and put it on the place where connection coming directly thruogh KPN cables i.e. nearby out flat enterance(with this new movement we are not facing the issue but wifi coverage in back side rooms are less as tiles are coming in between now ). After finishing his work he send the bill of 60 euros.I again called customer center informing that this was free service  and they say that we can not do anything and sorry that other medewerker give you wrong information about free service.

This is very wired that first they informed that it will be a free service and when customer agree to welcome technician , he do work and send you bill.and calling them again..answer is we can not do anything :(

Also I have a question..why when techinician came for 1st time installation(they have charged fees for that also ) did not look into the connection details ?

*Admin: afgesplitst en naar eigen topic verplaatst

Hi @Manjaree, welcome! Very unfortunate to hear that you've had these technician costs twice. The customer service cannot compensate this. Did you try to talk to the technician regarding the costs? Could you please update your profile with your adress and costumer number? I will look into it. 

Hi Marcia,Thanks for responding so quickly. I really appreciate this. I have updated my Profile.Let me know if anything else is required from my side .

No problem! I’ve looked into it and see that the first technician in september was free of charge. You did't have to pay anything, so that's a good thing. Concerning the last technician: I see that he wrote: there were a lot of ‘bad’ cables which needed to be exchanged and the IS/RA wasn't where it's supposed to be. These are things that are not free of charge, because most of the time this has been caused by the owner or previous owner of the house. That is the reason this technician charged 60 euros.