Skip to main content
Hi I am using KPN fon wifi since 6 months now, I had simple wifi antena connected to my PC and it was ok. But I did not had good connection, so I got idea to buy better wifi antena.

When I am connecting new antena I can see 3-4 hotspots and have 100% signal stenght, connection also works fine but when I open https://kpn.portal.fon.com/ I get message all the time with error "not albe to log out"

When I switch to old antena everything works fine I am able to login and use internet but then I have only 80% signal strenght, If I connect more powerfull antena then page will open but it will not alow me to login and use data I triead all hotspots thet are in reach of this antena even the ones with 60-40% signal strenght. connection is good but page will display message "log out failed"

I tryed with support but they are not able to understand that it is not issue with signal, so any ideas?
Welcome! That is an interesting problem, 42na. I'm not directly sure what is happening here. So I'm gonna ask you some more questions and we'll try and figure it out together :)

What are the brands and type of the wifi antennas you have, both the old and the new?

Have you tried connecting with the old antenna, then deliberately logging out. Next, clear cache and cookies in your browser and then connect the new antenna and try logging in?
Hi, so old one is simple wifi adapter with short antena, so I will give you link to sample

https://www.tvc-mall.com/details/5370-portable-wireless-usb-wifi-adapter-with-external-antenna-sku800300182a.html

New one is produced by Mediatek model wifisky 150Mbs with 36dBi enhancer ( Realtek RTL 8187L Chipset) on usb cable,

I even installed clean win10 as I was thinking that is related to drivers compatibility or some win update is trying to be clever, funny thing is when I first started win I got connected and log in fine and it worked for couple of hours but then my subscription expired, I was able to buy new one still connected with new antena, but when I tred to login to account again "log out failed". Also when I first connected antena I was log ok to my account, but then Win10 decided that is time for update so I had reset PC and then it started.

I am not IT noob so I tried everything I could think of drivers, cookies, etc it looks as kpn fon do not like when I have to strong connection 80% is still good but there are looses with that type of signal strength.
That's dedicated, reinstalling Windows for troubleshooting 🙂 Too bad it didn't help 😞 It seems that both of these are budget devices. Now, that does not necessarily mean that they are bad, but it is possible that your new one has a defect in it. Or maybe some of its specs don't match with what fon supports.

I understand you use the premium version of fon, the one you pay for? If so, I suggest asking their help desk if they know what could be the issue here. And if there are specific demands in what wifi adapter you use. They can be reached on 0800-0414 (free)