Skip to main content

Hello. My home has 4 DSL ports on the walls (1 livingroom, dining room 1 main room, 1 secondary room). It seems that I only have internet connection on 1 spot from those 4. For almost a year, I connected my KPN model to the livingroom DSL spot and I was able to surf in the internet with no issues. Recently, I ordered TV service from KPN and I got my receiver. I read in the instructions that the receiver had to be connected to the modem (through the ethernet cable), so I changed my KPN modem from my livingroom to my bedroom (where my TV is). I connected my KPN modem through the DSL port and cable, as in the living room. Now, my modem cannot connect to the internet, the wifi network is connected, but it cannot provide internet. Thus, I need to move it again to my livingroom (where the DSL connection works and I can have internet) but I cannot access the TV service, because the TV is not connected to the modem. 

@Ximena Higuera Moriones Welcome to our forum. 

When you connect the internet in your house there is normally 1 connection (ISRA) point. In this case it seams to be in the living room. 

The other sockets in your house should receive internet from the modem. So an internet cable should probably be connected with a divider somewhere in the house. 

Perhaps worthwhile mentioning that apart from the analogue DSL or glass fiber connection, any other ports in a house are bespoke and are not delivered or serviced by an internet service provider.

Perhaps the builder or the previous owner installed this.

And if you want clear answers here then photo’s would help a lot!