Skip to main content

Hi,

On 7th June 2023 my wifi stopped working. I looked up on the website for troubleshooting and it only asked me to unplug from the modem box the red connection cable and try. I did that twice and did not work so I scheduled a mechanic. He came, did the checks and just did a hard reset. The hard rest was not mentioned on the troubleshooting (I could have done that myself) and now the service engineer is charging 70 euros for this hard reset. This is misguiding the customer and charging for nothing. I want this charges retracted from my invoice. And please add the hard reset thing on your troubleshooting. This is very inconvenient.

Please resolve this.

@Enakshi Welcome to our forum. 

Sorry to read that you had some wifi issues. 

Normally when you have wifi issues you use the troubleshooting for wifi on our website. 

It is correct that a hard reset is not in the steps, because normally a hard reset isn't needed in this situation. 

If that doesn't work you can contact us on 0800-0402, by Facebook/Twitter of you can contact us on the forum. 

What you did was just make an appointment with our "service mechanic".

Which clearly states on top of the page:

"Heb je last van wegvallende wifi of een zwak wifisignaal op bepaalde plekken in huis? Zoals op zolder? Maak dan voor € 70,00 gebruik van een Servicemonteur die jouw wifi verbetert."

I understand that the mechanic only did a hard reset, but he/she also had to come to your house and in that time could not help any other customers. 

So I am afraid that I can't deduct the costs from your invoice. 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the mechanic made a trip to my house when he could have helped other customers in that case you should mention the hard reset in your troubleshooting even if it is not a regular case. This will save the mechanics unnecessary trips and also other customers from paying extra charges for no reason, unless you’re following a certain business model where it only matters that you earn as much money as possible. I assure you it’s not a very efficient use of anyone’s time.

I work in knowledge management myself and work with troubleshooting material and what info you have is not sufficient to help customers and keep them happy. Have a nice day. 

Are you sure you want to charge me for an unnecessary service? Hoping for a better reply this time.