Skip to main content

Good morning, pardon if I write in english.

Since a few days, my experia v8 box keeps disconnecting in a random way. When I see the lights on the modem, it is actually as the box is rebooted. 

I have run checks and optimizations via the KPN website but that did not solve the problem.

Any idea how to fix this?

FA

Welcome to the forum @Fabio1980NL! English will do fine! :relaxed: In this case it could be something as simple as a software problem or the modem could have simply reached a point where it's too old. With having done the steps on the website could you please confirm that you have given the modem a reset as seen in step 2? Also if your connection is over fiber could you confirm that you have taken the FTU off power for at least 120 seconds? If the answer to both of those questions is yes and the problem persists I would like to ask you to fill out your profile and let me know when you have done so. I will be able to do a reading of the quality of the signal and take the correct steps to get you right back to causing the internet without the worry it will disconnect.

Hello, @Bram_ !

Thanks for your reply. I did the reset following your suggestion but unfortunately, the problem still occurs. My connection is adsl.

It would be very much appreciated if you can help in solving this problem. Now that I am working from home, the bad internet connection is really affecting me.

Thanks!

Fabio

@Fabio1980NL with the data in your profile I have checked the connection. Right away the readings conclude a problem with the line. For that reason I have sent an engineer your way. You will get confirmation of this through a text message on your mobile phone. I will also send a separate private message here on the forum with the detials. If the time does not suit you there is a link in the text message you can use to plan a different date or time. 

Hi @Bram_ 
the engineer was here and replaced the router with an Experia V10.

Nevertheless, I am still experiencing the same problem of broadband disconnected. It happens in a random way, therefore it is difficult to show it to one of your technicians.

Is there any remote monitoring that you can do? Your colleague told that after the router installation, my network would have been monitored for 24h. Was anything found out then?

It is really an annoying problem, especially because I need to work from home.

Thanks for your support,

Fabio

@Fabio1980NL I`m sorry to hear the new modem did not fix the problem. I have again read the line and the same problem still persists. For that reason I`m sending another engineer. In these cases we check out the most likely cause and fix that first. The modem was old enough to most likely be the cause and was thus changed. The new engineer will know what has been done in the past and that the modem has already been changed. This means we go further down the line to see exactly why the new modem hasn't provided the solution that we're both looking for. I've sent you another private message with the exact time of the engineer. 

Dear @Bram_ ,  so I got the visit of your colleagues who did several tests. He had to contact KPN colleagues in turn, to perfrom some resets from KPN sides. After that, he performed measurements and everything looked good.

However, this morning the same problem happened again. The connection is lost and the following message appears when opening a web page: Your broadband physical link is down.

This situation is really causing me a lot of trouble now. I would kindly ask you to take a better look at the issue. Also, considering this is going-on for a while, how does KPN compensate this malfunctioning?

Kind regards,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio1980NL. I can confirm that the same error message I got when reading the line is the one I`m still getting. I do want to reassure you this still falls within the normal processes. When faced with a situation like this we work our way back through the systems and hardware to spot the problem. Seeing as two engineers on location have not been able to fix this issue for you the next step is escalation. The people behind the ticket will contact you and will take the actions needed to solve this tough issue. We will contact you as soon as we either need to send another engineer or need more information. This will be on the number that we have reached you on so far. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Sometimes these issues are a little more complicated than they seem. But we will keep on working on the issue until it has been resolved.