Skip to main content

I recently moved apartments at the beginning of last month. A week before moving I contacted KPN asking for my internet to be transferred from my old address to the new address. I was told that this was no problem at all and that my WiFi would be up at ready to go by the 16th of March and that all we would have to do is take our modem to the new house and plug it in. After moving in the WiFi worked for about a week and then the connection stopped. I called the KPN helpline and was told by an agent that I the reason I don’t have WiFi is because I need to make a new subscription for the new address. I signed up for a new subscription plan on the phone and was told that my WiFi would begin working. I checked with an agent on the online chat to reconfirm everything was ok as the agent on the phone did not speak great English. Speaking to the online agent they told me that I did not have to make a new subscription and they cancelled the new plan for me shortly after. I was then told that the “Back office” needs “additional information” and I would receive a call the same day or the next day. I waited two days and did not receive a call. I called the helpline again to see what the issue was and after about 20 minutes on the phone the agent informed that the issue was with the modem and that she will send me a new modem. I received the modem plugged it in and still no connection (of course) . I contacted another agent online and they told me that the issue was not with the modem but that the “Back office” needs “additional information” and I would receive a call the same day or the next day. And of course it has been two days and I have still not received a call, and to top it all off I was charged for WiFi that I cant even connect to. 

It has been nearly two weeks and I am still without internet.

This is quiet possibly the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. Every time I talk to an agent I get a different story of what needs to be done. Not sure if the issue is training or general incompetence but KPN as a big problem that needs to be resolved. 

Here you go: https://www.kpn.com/service/klacht-of-vraag-indienen/formulier.htm

I've added 50GB to both numbers.

Hi Erwin I just passed by my modem and noticed the green light on indicating connection. I have tried connecting to it and it seems to be working. I did a speed test and it shows 69.8 Mbps download and 25.3 Mbps upload which is correct with my current subscription. Are you able to tell me what now is going on with my connection? Is the mechanic still necessary? 

not if you are getting this speed,just try it several times,downstairs upstairs, so to get a indication where the problem could be,at this point you are good 

Well my current subscription is for 50 download and 5 upload so not exactly what I'm getting now but also not less then what my subscription is. This whole thing is very confusing but as long as I have my wifi KPN can figure out what's happening.

i have an 500/500 subscription,despite living in a new house,a whole new block to be exact,wifi on above floor is a pain in the ass,but this is happening to a lot of people here,so my opinion is the new modem is not that good or strong.

@Michaelvr Hi! So the modem is currently working? Maybe they were able to somehow activate connection. I'm afraid that the connection will be lost again if I do some tests, why it is working. If I were your, looking at this long process, I wouldn't cancel the mechanic. If the connection drops once again, you might have to wait even longer. Thereby, if you have a subscription with 50/5 you normally do not receive almost 70/25MBps. 
Please wait for the mechanic to control everything ok? :smile:

Reageer