Skip to main content

Today I recieved the package with the modem and the fiber.

The fiber instalation did go well, everything was fine.

Now that I tried to power up the modem, even thought the adaptor does light up, the modem itself doesn’t show any light, not even the “ON” one. 

My connection is not activated yet, it’ll activate thursday next week, but I think the modem should light on even if there is not connection to show that it is working, right?

If the problem is the modem itself, I really need it to work or have a new one before next week.

For more information, the modem is KPN Box 12.

Hi, @Vilaboa , Try resetting the box via the reset-hole. Does that help?

Is pushed the Reset button and the lights did go on but only for a second.
How long do I have to press it? Or I have to do something more?

Have you reset it with a paperclip or something similar?

Here are instructions (in Dutch): https://www.kpn.com/service/internet/box-12-handleiding-en-hulp-bij-problemen#problemen-met-de-box-12

“Press the reset button until the power light begins to glow red. After this, immediately release the button.

The box will now restart. This may take 10-15 minutes.”

I tried, I keept it for a long time and it didn’t light up anything, not even red and nothing

Then complete your profile (only KPN can see your private data) so a KPN rep can help you.

You may try calling 0800-0402 and say “Storing” and hopefully someone who speaks English can help you.

Okay, I’ll try. Thank you for the help though.

Hi @Vilaboa, welcome! It sounds like something is broken: it might be the Box 12, the power adapter or the wall outlet. If you checked those things and you think it's the Box 12, you can indeed call us (0800-0402). My colleagues will help you!

Reageer