Skip to main content

I took my internet and TV contract out on the 27th December 2022.

I was told that the WIFI installation would be simple and could be done by myself...basically plug and play. 

My WIFI modem and TV receiver were delivered on the 2nd of January and I installed everything as instructed.  

I arranged for my WIFI activation date for the 3rd of January… which came and went with NO WIFI.

I rearranged my WIFI activation date for the 9th of Jan… STILL NOTHING. 

I now have to use a holiday day in work to take time off so an engineer can come and “Finish my installation” on the 12th of Jan???

In order to continue working from home, I was advised to take out an ESIM contract because “activation would only take UPTO 24 HOURS” and this would be the quickest way to access the internet so I can WFH.

24Hours have been and gone and I still have no information/email/activation code regarding my ESIM contract.

So once again, I called KPN (Horrible customer service, you need to work on this) who are now telling me I need to wait for a physical SIM Card to be delivered before I can use my ELECTRONIC/DIGITAL sim card.

The new delivery date for my ESIM is now also the 12th Jan… so once again I have lost time/money.

So to summarize:
I have lost a days holiday in work in order to wait for an Engineer who (from what I’ve read on this forum) could cancel at anytime.

I have lost over a weeks worth of pay.

I STILL do not have any internet 2 weeks after I took out my contract!!

Plus multiple phone calls with your customer service team, who tell you whatever they THINK will happen/what you want to hear (Providing they don’t just put the phone down on you...)

While I understand that there can be issues when setting up internet services in a new property, the minimal customer service/help KPN have provided has been non existent….

My Question: 

Of course switching to a new provided will not get me my internet any quicker. However, if this is how KPN handles a basic WIFI installation (supposedly as the No1 Internet provider in the Netherlands...) then, out of principle, why should I remain with your company when you have provided me with no service, AWFUL customer service, and everyday I do not have my internet connection/ESIM I am losing money?!?!

I definitely think their main issue is having no people that can speak proper English in their customer service. If they’d had that, many of our problems would be solved. Such a shame.

Hello @Rio Williams, welcome here and thanks for your message despite the cause.

I'm really sorry to read that you experienced such bad service, you may definitely expect better from us. Has the mechanic visited you on january the 12th and did he manage to fix your connection? Please let me know what the status is right now and if there is anything I can do from here!