Skip to main content

Dear KPN Team,

I have been trying to reach you over phone for days now, but since I had no luck I am contacting you now this way.

We have been without Internet for over one month now. We have a contract with Youfone, but apparently big heavy construction work in our street damaged the cable and KPN need to fix it. On Sep 27, a KPN technician was at our place, but disappeared after briefly looking at the box without giving me any information. I called KPN and they scheduled a new appointment for last Monday (Oct 3), but this time the technician did not even show up. So my first question would be why that happened. Youfone told me I was unreachable, but in fact I was home with my phone by my side the whole day. In my first phone conversation with a KPN worker I specifically stated that my mobile phone number is German, and she managed to reach me via that number. Since then, KPN seems to have been unable (or unwilling?) to call me. I double-checked the number with that employee, so please make sure you dial it correctly and you will be able to reach me.

We are desperately waiting for the Internet installation and starting to lose our patience. This is by far my worst experience with a customer service of any kind of company, but I still have faith in you. 

Kind regards,

Jonas Reininger

Spent another hour on hold today. No way to reach anybody and no reaction here. I hope people see this and decide not to choose KPN, truly remarkable just how inhumanly a company dares to treat people.

If the problem is a damaged cable, then you are mistaken to complain here since it is “KPN Netwerk” that you need to contact. This forum is for the part of KPN that delivers service on top of the network. I know that it is very confusing that KPN uses the name of the holding in these subsidiaries.

You need to contact https://www.kpnnetwerk.nl/service-en-contact/

Also you have a contract with Youfone. Not with KPN. So you need to contact Youfone.

You can’t blame KPN as internet service provider for this mishap, sorry.

Thanks for the clarification. However, Youfone is at least responsive and manages to call me. They told me multiple times that they cannot do anything and KPN needs to fix it, which was confirmed the one time I was able to talk to a KPN worker via phone. Even if it is not KPN as a service provider, it certainly is KPN Netwerk who is responsible. If they are part of your company, is there anybody here who can forward the issue to the appropriate department?

As everybody else on this forum, I am just a customer. This forum is provided by KPN as a channel to communicate between customers. There are moderators that work for KPN but it can take days for them to respond.

Also their answer will be the same as the one I gave above.

And a moderator here cannot forward issues to “KPN Netwerk”. The Chinese wall between these two KPN subsidiaries is strict and the result of EU law where it was thought that the division between network and serviceprovider would increase competition. Also in the energy trade this division exists. My contract is with Vattenfall, the electricity grid is maintained by Enexis.

In your case the parties involved are Youfone and “KPN Netwerk”.

The part of KPN that provides this forum can’t help you with this.

And as you are a customer from Youfone, they are your main and only contactpoint as you have a contract with them, not with KPNNetwerkNL. It is their responsibility to provide you with the service you pay them for according to Dutch law. So you should strongly demand a solution from Youfone. They should not hide behind KPNNetwerkNL. 

I’m a technician from KPN and probably one of the guys (and girls) Youfone should send. But Youfone is the only party that is your contact information and the only party that can send us. If you try to reach KPN one of their callcentre workers are gonna ask for your postal code and house number. Then they will see no customer because you are not a customer of KPN the provider. You are also not a customer of KPNNetwerk or KPN Wholesale, you are a customer of Youfone and they should send a technician who can find out what the problem is and fix it. 

Thank you all very much for your answers. This has been more helpful than any of the calls I made over the last few weeks. The one thing, however, that is still unsolved, is why KPN seems to be unable to call me via my German mobile phone number, which would make communication a lot easier.

And as you are a customer from Youfone, they are your main and only contactpoint as you have a contract with them, not with KPNNetwerkNL. It is their responsibility to provide you with the service you pay them for according to Dutch law. So you should strongly demand a solution from Youfone. They should not hide behind KPNNetwerkNL. 

And if I read this correctly, you are saying that if Youfone continue to be unable to solve the problem, I have a legal basis for terminating the contract with them?

Thank you all very much for your answers. This has been more helpful than any of the calls I made over the last few weeks. The one thing, however, that is still unsolved, is why KPN seems to be unable to call me via my German mobile phone number, which would make communication a lot easier.

And if I read this correctly, you are saying that if Youfone continue to be unable to solve the problem, I have a legal basis for terminating the contract with them?

KPN has no problem calling on a German phone, as long as the number I see as contact info is European we’re allowed to call it. 
I have no answer to your second question, that is something for your rechtsbijstand/lawyer I think.