Skip to main content

Hi.

I just got a new account at my property (my ex had the old account), with new modem, and TV receiver. but I'm still using the old gear so I don't need the new stuff I got sent.

Do I need to send the new gear back? Or do I keep it?

Regards,

Rasjad

*Admin: titel aangevuld i.v.m. vindbaarheid

Welcome on our forum @Tacksharp!

For every order there is equipment customers are borrowing. If your ex cancelled the old account then the equipment which belonged to that account has to be shipped back to us because it is property of KPN.
With the router it is no problem which one you will use or send back (the old or new one) but with the TV reciever it is. This is because the old recievers are connected to the old contract and will cease to work once that account is fully cancelled. So with the tv-recievers > connect the new ones you recieved and send the old one(s) back
Router > connect the one you like to use and send the other one back

Did you already got the return box from us for the old equipment?

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply. The KPN technician who came to install everything said it was ok to use the old gear, and everything works ok with my new account (including the old TV receiver). If I switch the TV receiver now, will the new one work?

The technician said to contact you guys to ask if I should send the new stuff back.

I do have the return box. I will put the new router in it. I will wait to hear from you about the TV receiver.

Regards,

Rasjad

Well, the tv-receiver is connected to your previous tv-account. It will work for a small amount of time, but there will come a day you will get an error message on that receiver.
My advice, connect the new receiver. The new receiver will ask for your television account number and pincode, enter them and you're ready to go without a problem.

Cheers, I’ll do that.

And I’ll send the new router and the old TV receiver back to you guys.

Thanks for your support :)

Regards,

Rasjad