Skip to main content

Hello,

every time the electricity go out the glasvezel not connect anymore and I need wait a lot of time before the connection come back, some time after the might night sometime at 3 am, on the router kpn box 12 blinking the led of internet, i pay for not have the service. Someone can help me please

Admin: removed screenshot because of privacy concerns

Every time the electricity goes out” Does that happen often? Loss of power to your whole house?

I can’t remember the last time I had a power outage. Something wrong with your power supply?

Starting up the fiber box and modem should take only minutes. 

i did the reset for both hardware, the ont and router, and i waited the restart and i also did the hard reset for router. It’s happening everytime the electricity goes down, it’s like the cabinet or the network don’t give to us the IP 

Can you check the two lights (green and orange) near the red ethernet port at the bottom side of the Genexis fiber box. Do they both light up?

Finally, check your power supplier!!  You should not experience regular power outages !!

there are both off but the funny thing is on the router the wan port the green led is on

OK, that’s not good. Some versions of this fiber box develop a failure of the ethernet port when the power is interrupted. Then this box needs to be replaced by a KPN mechanic.
Call customerservice on 0800-0402 for that.

Thanks a lot for your time and help, i will do the next year :D…… happy new year gelukkig nieuwjaar :D 

You’re welcome. Same to you: Happy New Year !

OK, that’s not good. Some versions of this fiber box develop a failure of the ethernet port when the power is interrupted. Then this box needs to be replaced by a KPN mechanic.
Call customerservice on 0800-0402 for that.

I have some great news @RBxx, because this problem is not really small like you see on this forum and sending an mechanic every time is quite expensive and not convenient for the customer KPN innovated quickly and now the customer service can send an new activated ONT so the customer can do it themselves if the want.

Thanks @Ik_Combineer for this useful information. Saves time (for customer) and money (for KPN).