Skip to main content

I have contract with KPN for the most advanced, optical cable internet connection, for which I pay over 50 euro per month.

I have no internet for 4 days now.  

I do not know when it will be fixed, I am not offered with alternative either. I need to work and need to  have internet for that.

I have called the 0800 0402 but I was told to wait for a callback. I did not get any call back at all for 2 days now.

Hello @Eugene26 

You can try calling again, which department is supposed to call you back?

Maybe we can help you, what exactly is the problem, doesn't the optical modem get an internet signal or is it the Experiabox or Box 12 which doesn't get an internet signal?
Have you tried to disconnect both the Experiabox/Box 12 and optical modem from the power and reconnect them after waiting at least 30 seconds, first connect the optical fiber modem and wait until its completely started, then reconnect the Experiabox/Box 12.

You can also fill in your profile here: https://forum.kpn.com/settings/profile
Then a KPN employee (moderator) can look into your case, that can take some time depending how busy it is.

Hello @GeSp ,

Yes, I tried calling, actually during these 4 days I called kpn 5 times. I don’t know which department handles the calls. Nobody presented the department name when I talked to kpn representatives.  

Maybe you can help me indeed. 
there are 2 boxes as far as I know. 1 regular modem and one optical box, I think I have an issue with(with optical wire input and power input and Ethernet output). 
To me, it looks that this box has a problem as Ethernet and power have green indicator and optical indicator is not highlighted at all OR optical cable is damaged somewhere before my optical box. 
I did not touch my optical box since the setup day. 

I tried unplugging power from all devices and separately     This didn’t help  

side questions:

do you know how can I ask for reimbursement for inconvenience: no internet for all these days?

I have purchased extra mobile internet because of that. I would like to get reimbursement for that too. 

thanks!

best,

eugene. 

Hello @GeSp ,

Yes, I tried calling, actually during these 4 days I called kpn 5 times. I don’t know which department handles the calls. Nobody presented the department name when I talked to kpn representatives.  

What did they say? need kpn network departement ?

Maybe you can help me indeed. 

there are 2 boxes as far as I know. 1 regular modem and one optical box, I think I have an issue with(with optical wire input and power input and Ethernet output). 
To me, it looks that this box has a problem as Ethernet and power have green indicator and optical indicator is not highlighted at all OR optical cable is damaged somewhere before my optical box. 
I did not touch my optical box since the setup day. 

Sounds like you have something wrong with the connection and need a repairman who has to investigate it. What did you already do? Sounds not good 

tried unplugging power from all devices and separately     This didn’t help  

But nothing else ? Do your neighbours also have glasfiber and no problems?

side questions:

do you know how can I ask for reimbursement for inconvenience: no internet for all these days?

I have purchased extra mobile internet because of that. I would like to get reimbursement for that too. 

They can look at that when it is solved,they also can give extra mobile bundels 

thanks!

best,

eugene. 

good luck with everything, sounds bad

@Eugene26 we have tried reaching you yesterday but got no response. Could you confirm you did receive those calls?

Furthermore the ticket is still open so we are still working on the problem for you. But we have informed you about the reason our engineer could not complete his work. As soon as this is resolved we will complete the repairs.

We have sent you a Direct Online Modem as a temporary solution. Did you receive this?

Hi @Bram_ ,

thanks for the message!

1. sorry all for the delay. 
    I received yesterday afternoon the KPN big box with sim having 100gb of internet. 
    KPN temporarily solution is all working, great!
  1. Sorry, I didn’t reply on calls, because I was using other sim to share the internet for my work until Friday afternoon. 

2. Do you know how can I get reimbursed for the sims I bought while waiting for KPN temporarily solution? ( I bought Lycamobile, then I discovered it does not allow hotspot, then I bought Lebara)…….. why I ask for reimbursement: the whole building does not have internet since Sunday and all my neighbors got in the beginning of the week vouchers for KPN internet, while I had to struggle and find the solution myself. I am really sad on that. NOBODY AT KPN OFFERED VOUCHER OR ANY HELP except you Bram, when I was calling Kpn many times asking for some temporary fix. 

best,

@Eugene26 glad to hear the temporary solution is working. 🙂

I understand your reason for not being able to take the calls. I do however want to urge you to keep the sim handy so we can reach you.

Unfortunately we can not reimburse you for any costs you have made due to your own decisions. This is not something we can do. We can offer you compensation for the time you have not been able to use your subscription. Also the temporary solution is completely free of charge.