Skip to main content

Hello KPN community!

Please excuse me writing in English, I just arrived in the Netherlands and I am just starting to learn Dutch :)

I have arranged my apartment an internet subscription at a local KPN store, however there is a fault in my house’s cable and I wasn’t able to connect to the internet until the mechanic came over to fix it a week later. I have called 0800-0402 and visited the store multiple times and did not get a helpful enough answer during the situation.

What I have been told by different employees and the mechanic is that the money for the days until my actual connection activation will not be charged, and it will be automatically deducted from my invoice of next month. However, a couple days ago the invoice came and it still charged me the full money.

It is annoying as the compensatie form sent by another employee isn’t fully applicable to my situation, as it states I am only entitled for up to 3 full days of outage. I have called for this once again and I am hearing some conflicting answers.

I hope this post will also help other’s facing similar situation, and I look forward to hear back.

Hi @Lance H, welcome to the KPN Community! It's no problem to help you in English. 

I'm sorry to hear that the start of your contract was not as smooth as usually should be. You can indeed claim compensation through that form you already tried. But you couldn't compensate for the full week. Did you already use the form to compensate those 3 days? And did our customer service in the meantime help you with the compensation for the other four days? If your subscription did not work because of problems in the KPN cables (or KPN domain), then arranging that compensation shouldn't be any problem. If the problem really is/was in your home, then it will be depending on what the problem exactly was. 

@Alexandra van KPN I filed the request and it says ZERO. There were no engineering work in my area during these days, however the mechanic later did point out some previous work in my area did “cross the cable” and “created a short circuit” when he checked the ISRA box with the professional device. This indicates that the contractor made a mistake for the connection at the street, not in my house. The liability for the fault is therefore clearly somewhere within KPN’s domain.

The mechanic also pointed out the “fix” that I received in the house is only temporary, as he calimed that glasvezel is coming soon to my neighbourhood and he is not going to carry out work at the street cabinet which will be pointless in months.

I have so far not received any meaningful assistance regarding the compensation, as the people in the store or on the phone keeps pointing me to the other. And the date selection on the compensatie form only goes back 30 days, which means I cannot request it fully through the automatic system at this point.

@Lance H So far no solutions, I see. I'll take a look for you. Can you fill out your forum profile as much as possible? Including your postal code, housenumber, customer number and name. Then I can look up your contract and information.

And can you specify in which timeframe your internet wasn't working? 

@Lance H I see you added information to your profile, but so far I see no compensations yet, is that right? If yes, can you specify in which timeframe your internet wasn't working (when it should have worked and when exactly your connection was fixed)? 

Then I can take a look for you at the compensation.

@Alexandra van KPN Please excuse me for the delayed response, I have been ill for a while. My internet was supposed to start on 14 Feb, however it did not work due to a defect that has been found out by the technician on 21 Feb as he finally fixed it in the afternoon. So, exactly 7 days without internet.

Thank you again for looking into my situation.

@Lance H Ah I'm so sorry to hear it, I hope you're feeling better! Get well soon 💐

Thank you for the extra information. I'll arrange the compensation for you. 7 days makes a little under €10, so I'll compensate €10 for your connection not working the first week and all the fuss around it. This will be settled on your next invoice.

@Alexandra van KPN Everything is good now, finally testing negative for corona and you helping more than you should. Also, thanks for the nice surprise. If I have a feedback form I will max it out for you without a doubt :)

You just made my day, 11/10 customer service!

@Lance H Happy to hear it, and you're very welcome! 😊

Reageer