Skip to main content

Hi there, I recently got a new KPN contract for home WiFi and received devices to set it all up for the very first time. I've got a KPN Box 12 modem, connected via cable in the WLAN port. Two lights for WiFi and Power are solid green (not flashing) but the third light market 'Internet" is flashing. I can connect to the network through my laptop but when trying to browse it shows there's no internet connection.

The KPN box in the close where there's the fibre connection shows 3 solid green lights marked Power, Glas and Ethernet. KPN confirmed that I should have a connection up and running.

Any suggestions on a potential fix for the issue I'm experiencing would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @BM21 

Does internet work when you connect the Box 12 directly to the optic fibre box with the yellow or red network cable?

If that works then the problem is in the connection from the optic box to the network wall outlet
Where is the yellow network cable going to in the second picture?
If it's the same cable that’s going into the other fibre optic box that's the problem, it should be connected to the other side of the wall outlet connector where you plugged in the red network cable.

Hello @BM21 

Does internet work when you connect the Box 12 directly to the optic fibre box with the yellow or red network cable?

If that works then the problem is in the connection from the optic box to the network wall outlet
Where is the yellow network cable going to in the second picture?
If it's the same cable that’s going into the other fibre optic box that's the problem, it should be connected to the other side of the wall outlet connector where you plugged in the red network cable.

Hi @GeSp , thanks for your response. I managed to get hold of the previous tenant in my apartment and he confirmed the ethernet socket where the modem was connected is faulty. Connecting the modem directly to the fibre optic box resolved the issue and internet is up and running - you gave a very solid analysis and suggestion, much appreciated!

Hi @BM21 

Nice to hear that you got it working already.