Skip to main content

Hello the outlet socket that i have its  different than the modem what I received today , before i had ziggo and the connectors from the main and in the house same like the photo how should i connect the kpn modem box 12, does someone from kpn should change the outlet port ? Please help br,stepan

*admin: topic afgesplitst

Hello the outlet socket that i have its  different than the modem what I received today , before i had ziggo and the connectors from the main and in the house same like the photo how should i connect the kpn modem box 12, does someone from kpn should change the outlet port ? Please help br,stepan

That outlet is for coax only (Ziggo). KPN uses DSL of Fiber. You need to find the outlet for that.

Check this page for pictures of what it can look like (tap on "dsl aansluiting" or "glasvezel aansluiting" to see the pictures)

If i connect directly this coax  to ethernet it will work or i need an adapter ? Thanks in advance. 

you cannot use ziggo connections for kpn period. 

if you dont know how or where the kpn connection is. you need a mechanic. 

https://www.robkalmeijer.nl/techniek/telecom/huisinstallaties_analoog/index.html

If i connect directly this coax  to ethernet it will work or i need an adapter ? Thanks in advance. 

Your KPN signal does not come from that coax outlet. It is that simple.. Search for the other outlet in your home...

Hi Darkie en Ward i checked my meter kast and there is no kpn connector only ziggo was installed. And i don't know if this connectors are from kpn but its outside of the apartment. Should i contact kpn mechanic to check and install? Thank you for the help. 

And all the outlets at home are coax 

It looks like you have a fiber connection which has yet tot be finished (inside the house). One of the cables outside your house is for you. Normally, you should have been contacted by a subcontractor for KPN. Did you miss any calls?

A KPN webcare employee can help you. Wait for a day before someone from Webcare is able to respond in this topic 

No Ward i didn't receive any call from kpn only today the modem came and its written that 1 march i can install it...

No Ward i didn't receive any call from kpn only today the modem came and its written that 1 march i can install it...

Oke.. it is not yet 1 march. But seriously: I checked the postal code on that cable. Most of the houses in that street are not yet connected and are planned for connection in the first week of may. 

May Jesus then why when i applied it was written available my address 1 March that i can start to install...i hope not  may, i don't want to stay without Internet 2-3 months 

May Jesus then why when i applied it was written available my address 1 March that i can start to install...i hope not  may, i don't want to stay without Internet 2-3 months 

Please wait for Webcare. Since your house does not seem to be very new, a copper connection should be there. Maybe that is an option. 

Is that your postal code on that cable on the foto? And your housenumber?

*admin: moved private information to profile.

Hi @Stepankpn, welcome to our forum! I've taken a look at your adress and according to my information there's no copper connection either so we'll have to wait until they finish installing the fiber connection. However as Ward already mentioned this probably won't be before May.

Hi @Stepankpn, welcome to our forum! I've taken a look at your adress and according to my information there's no copper connection either so we'll have to wait until they finish installing the fiber connection. However as Ward already mentioned this probably won't be before May.

Hi Thomas i called kpn today and they told me that they had delay for installation which suppose to be installed 1 march so it will be may the installation. 

But its better to be corrected online when people are applying for new internet provider it should be correct date of installation and if they have delay they should contact the customer... thank you for your reply. BR,stepan