Skip to main content

Hi,

I bought a new home and ordered KPN Wifi for the new home. At this home, currently the Wifi runs on another internet provider that is not KPN.

I was under the impression that I could install the Wifi from KPN myself after I receive the package. However, I automatically got assigned to a technician appointment without specifically opting for it. Why is this needed? Can I not install the WiFi myself? 

Thank you for answering!

Hi,

I bought a new home and ordered KPN Wifi for the new home. At this home, currently the Wifi runs on another internet provider that is not KPN.

I was under the impression that I could install the Wifi from KPN myself after I receive the package. However, I automatically got assigned to a technician appointment without specifically opting for it. Why is this needed? Can I not install the WiFi myself? 

Thank you for answering!

Sometimes it is because KPN thinks your ISRA is really old and you cannot do it yourself. Maybe that is right, and sometimes the administration from KPN is a bit outdated and an previous technician has made it possible to install it yourself but KPN doesn’t know that yet.

If you get the installation package (3 days before the technician appointment) you can always try to install it yourself. If KPN sees a modem has come online with an appointment in the future then the appointment is canceled automatically. If you can’t get it to work then you’ll have to wait for the technician.

@Ik_Combineer thank you! One question though: I have opted for a fiber optic connection, so why is ISRA still a thing of concern? As far as I understand, ISRA is for DSL connections alone, not for fiber connections?

I’m not an employee of this forum but an kpn technician myself. So I can’t look up your data and assumed incorrectly that you have DSL. Just change the word ISRA in my story to FTU (the starting point of your fiber) and you have the same answer 😅