Skip to main content

Hello,

I got a call from a KPN in October asking me if I wanted to switch my contract since KPN now has fiber optic (glasvezel) in my area. AT the time I agreed with them that they would also give me free wifi boosters since that is what I had with ziggo at the time. They agreed on the call. Then I agreed to switch over to KPN. I received the modem by mail but not the wifi boosters. I thought the person that comes to install the wifi will also get the boosters with them. When the guy came to install the wifi he mentioned that there is no fiber optic (glasvezel) and I will only get the regular internet. He also did not get the wifi boosters with him. I called KPN to complain and in the call they mentioned that they will not give me the wifi boosters. At that time I told them I want to cancel my KPN account and it should be possible to cancel since it was installed less than a week ago. I was informed that the 14 day period is valid from the time the KPN package is delivered to my place not from the time of installation ! I was encouraged to approach the KPN store and get them to solve my problem. The KPN store refused to help me since I had ordered the connection online ! I  consider this cheating on KPN’s behalf and very bad customer service ! 

Hello @Jigna Merchant and welcome at the forum. I understand it's a disappointed when you receive some different than expected. 

In the confirmation of the order, you can find a lot of information about what you have ordered and will receive. We have often promotions where you for example get free wifi boosters or a discount on the subscription when you decide to order a new subscription. When you look at the confirmation, you will see the promotion you have chosen. If this is missing, it is important to contact us as soon as possible, so we can check the order and if it isn't right, we can cancel it and order again. It isn’t possible to change this afterwards.

Are the SuperWifi mentioned on your order? If so, then please fill in your profile and send me a message in this topic afterwards, so I can check this with you. 

The 14-day period for cancellation indeed starts as soon as the order is ready, this will be around the time you receive the installation package. If the period has passed it is not possible to cancel anymore. However, you mentioned the possibility of fiber at your address. If there is a fiber connection of KPN at your place, you can contact us and ask to change to fiber. If the construction of fiber isn't finished yet, then you can change this in the future as soon as it is finished. On the website of KPN Netwerk you can find more information about this.