Skip to main content

I’ve got the modem correctly set up and working and I have both wifi and internet coming from it. I am trying to connect my router (TP-Link Archer C-50) to the modem via an Ethernet cable by connecting the WAN ports of the Modem and the Router. The router is working but the internet icon is flashing in red light and I have wifi from the router but no internet connection. 

I am following this tutorial by TP-Link and I got to step 3, but I don’t know where to find the ISP username and password:

I am not sure if this will solve the problem or I am searching in the wrong place but any help is appreciated!

you need to skip step 3 and 4. becouse the KPN modem uses a PPPoE connection to connect to the Internet. after the KPN modem it uses DHCP.

use step 5 to set up a Dynamic IP.

Setting up a Dynamic IP doesn’t work. I’ve got my laptop connected to the Router by an Ethernet cable which is connected to the Modem and I have the option to “Detect” a Dynamic IP but it doesn’t do anything. The IP Adress, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server all stay at 0.0.0.0

I followed Step 2 from the video where I get these values from the Modem connection and write them into the Static IP of the router but still no luck.

Hi @AndreyPopU, welcome on our community. 

I'm don't have much experience with this setup or TP-link. But, we do have a topic dedicated for this type of thing: using a router behind the KPN modem. I advise you to also ask your question there, there are many expereinced users with perhaps a solution. 

Reageer