Skip to main content
Vraag

Still no fiberglass connection on my new address after 2 months

• 2 September 2024
  • 6 reacties
  • 47 keer bekeken

Hey all,

You might have seen me posting about a (very unstable) portable wifi internet router, but after today I’m seriously considering switching to a different provider.

My situation is the following: I’m moving into a different apartment, I warn KPN with more than a month of notice, everything seems well until I get a phone call about 10 days later telling me that there is no optical fiber in my flat (which is extremely weird since both my downstairs and upstairs neighbour have it). I was expecting some distress, so I don’t bother and I ask how long is going to take as both me and my partner work from home and we need a stable internet connection, to which they give a very generic answer.

Fast forward 3 months, 2 technician appointments, several phone calls (half of which of KPN asking me to call a different number - like?), countless visits at the KPN store asking for help, and a mobile router who needs to be reset every 3 to 6 hours, I’m still without fiber (despite paying the full price for it for those months as well). On top of that, last week I got another call from KPN telling me to call a number, just to call them and finding out that they are not supposed to schedule appointments nor they know when it will be possible to have an appointment. Finally, just a few minutes ago, another KPN email hit my inbox telling me that my monthly fee is going to increase.

How is it possible that the service is so bad and nobody from Customer Support is actually willing to support a loyal (2+ years) paying customer?

Hi @hnsn, I can understand your frustration! So the contractor told you that they don't know when you will get fibre, but we told you to just wait? I would like to take a look at this and will come back to you as soon as I know more. 

Hi @hnsn, I can understand your frustration! So the contractor told you that they don't know when you will get fibre, but we told you to just wait? I would like to take a look at this and will come back to you as soon as I know more. 

Yes - the contractors (who visited my house twice) told that they need to schedule an appointment with my neighbour downstairs AND with several people in the area to tackle all of them at once. On top of that, KPN itself called me to tell me to schedule a new appointment with the contractors, but when I called them, they told me that I need to wait until I get a letter in my mailbox telling me that the fiber is available. 

Do I need to provide more information?

This is everything I need! As soon as I know more, I will let you know. 

Could you please give me an update latest by Monday? I really need internet at home to work and it has been too many months now. If this situation is not sorted by next week, I'll go to a different provider and ask for compensation for all those past months of bad service. Thank you very much!

Hello Marcia, do you have any updates? 

Hi @hnsn, unfortunately I do not. I asked around, but found no other solution. I've created another ticket for you, to let my colleagues know what the contractor said and asked them if we cannot come up with another solution. They will let you know within 3 business days. 

Reageer