Skip to main content

If you have internet over coax table with white adapter Teleste EOC05 and internet is unstable - just change your Teleste EOC05 to GIGA Copper G4201C (or similar, but this one is tested trust me).

Hot take, but now comes proper description with prehistory.

I live in an old house where it is not possible to drill new holes for more cables like cat6. Hence, I had to call KPN engineer who sold me a pair of Teleste EOC05 and internet got working. Happiness drove me crazy, but after a week I noticed that even though it is working, I still had freezes during online meetings, I have loads of them since I work from home only. In the evening I noticed that streaming videos are also throttling, whatsapp calls quality not as good as I was expecting from fiber, but I though that might be problem on another end.

Many circumstances were screaming that something is wrong with my internet and I started digging. My main concern was that linux ping tool gave me 4mc between my pc and router on the ground floor. I was shocked, even my mobile had less between amsterdam server. Second concern is that the same ping gave me from time to time between 3% and 30% packages loss.

Unfortunately there is not many review on the internet, not specifications and tests about Teleste EOC05 which made me even more suspicious.

Therefore I decided to buy a more expensive adapter and turns out my problem is gone now. I know my new transmitter is expensive (350 euros in comparison with 80), but I would really appreciate if I can be advised by KPN engineer between two options - one that will work and cheap, but not 100% work. And another options is quite expensive but always robust.

The goal here is to leave this topic in history for all the people who might experience the same.

The problem is that coax isn’t the main cable KPN uses. Or actually we almost never use it. Because of that we don’t have the tools or know how to test the cable quality. Sometimes the MOCA (coax converter) works great, and sometimes it is really unstable. The best is always to replace the coax cable with a cat5e cable or better.

A moca is a temporary solution. Until coax is replaced by UTP. Real internet cable

Important with moca: it must be one coax cable in one piece!

Reageer