Skip to main content

I tried restarting router, reconnecting multiple times to wi-fi, tested on multiple laptops/phones and it is always less than 100mbps after upgrading it to 200mbps.

Any recommendations on how to actually reach the 200mbps? Still no fiber optic yet, cable was pulled in the house but not yet actually connected, so I am still using the “old wire”.

My router is a Experia Box V10A.

Hello,

Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure your router’s firmware is up to date. Sometimes, updates can improve performance and stability.
Router Placement: Place your router in a central location, away from walls and other obstructions. This can help improve Wi-Fi signal strength.
Channel Selection: Use a Wi-Fi analyzer app to check for the least congested channel and switch your router to that channel.
Wired Connection: If possible, use a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi. This can provide more stable and faster speeds.
Quality of Service (QoS) Settings: Check if your router has QoS settings and configure them to prioritize bandwidth for devices that need it most.
Reset the Router: Sometimes, a factory reset can help resolve persistent issues. You can reset your Experia Box V10A by pressing the reset button for 3-5 seconds until the power light turns red.

Best Regards

adamsnell543

I understand you'd expect your wifi to improve as well when your internet speed increases, @Adrian88. However, wifi is susceptible to external factors, such as the construction of your house and the microwave. If you want to know if your internet speed has indeed increased, you should do a speedtest via cable.

If you to improve your wifi connection, you can use our Wifi Manager.

Reageer