Skip to main content

Good morning.

I live in a rural area of Netherlands , so in this case no provider can give me internet at home at the moment , although i have applied for glasvezels through KPN, which my area is scheduled but this will be ready (if) in 2025.

So for now , i have bought a sim from KPN and i’m using it for internet at home but the thing is that although unlimited , at 10GB i have to replenish with 2GB each and every time which is not very convinient when you stream music , series, games etc at home .

What i wanted to ask , is there any solution about this problem? Because it is a problem , when you are using definetely more than 10GB per day .

Thank you very much for your time.

Don't you have a DSL connection for kpn?

And no coax (cable) connexion f.i. for Ziggo?

The unlimited subscription is not intended for use in a mifi router. And not intended for home use. Which is often about 15 to 30 GB per day including watching tv and streaming.

The only provider who has a 4G subscription of home use is Odido. Only there is also a limitation of 150 GB per month. Which is about GB per day. KPN has 10.

See http://odido.nl/4g-voor-thuis .

If no landline (DSL, FttH or Coax) is possible above are the only options.

At the moment , there is no provider that can cover the area and odido does not have a good coverage here , which KPN has and 150GB per month so 5GB/day is nothing so even that is of no use .

I know it's not intended for this kind of use but what can you do if you can't have regular internet , not even dsl.

In any case then , I will continue doing what I'm doing until and hopefully glasvezel will be installed in my area , therefore in my home too , it's only a year 😅

What i wanted to ask , is there any solution about this problem? Because it is a problem , when you are using definetely more than 10GB per day .

There is no solution for via 4G. It's not meant for use instead of fixed internet. 

Use more efficiënt is the only solution.

there is also a 4th option 

starlink

In any case then , I will continue doing what I'm doing until and hopefully glasvezel will be installed in my area , therefore in my home too , it's only a year 😅

You can check your adress at KPN Netwerk to see if there are plans for installing fiber on your adress. 

Are you sure DSL is not posiable, have you checked this 

https://www.kpn.com/shop/pakket-zelf-samenstellen?icid=quicktile3