Skip to main content

I called KPN to transfer my mobile starting in July when a contract with Vodafone via my employer ends. The customer service guy told me about the promotion/gift if we were to use KPN for TV & internet services. Since we are moving to a new house we became interested. We specifically said that the TV+Internet contract would need to start in October since the house is under construction. After confirming w/ his manager, he said it was fine. He even checked that it could start as late as Oct. 4th. 

At the same time, to avoid double activation fee (suggestion from Cust. Rep), I was going to add my mobile to the contract to be activated in July 1.  The next day Saturday (before last), we call after thinking about the offer and decided to go for it.  A second guy with very good English confirmed the activation dates for both mobile (July) and house (October), took all the billing info, etc.  So were exited to getting a gift (TV) for our new place and transferring my phone with extra monthly discount on the other two mobiles we already have with KPN. 

The following day Sunday we get an email saying that my sim card had been sent to our new home. Alarmed because we had explained that the house is being constructed, we called KPN, and they told us that maybe the  the sim card gets returned to KPN in which case, we just needed to go to a KPN store to get it.  On Tuesday, we get a cancellation email of my mobile contract. We called again, why? Ans.: just go to the store to get one, and they confirmed that our Internet & TV contract for October was still good/un-affected.  The next Saturday (day before yesterday) we went to the KPN store, and I got a sim card. We had to give the billing info again. They also confirmed that our TV & Internet contract is still good for Oct. 

Today Monday we get a cancellation email that our TV& Internet contract has been cancelled. We called today and to my dismay, the woman that answers tells us that it is not possible because it is a new house. She would not speak in English, kept repeating in Dutch the same thing over and over also to my husband (Dutch) and would not let us talk. I finally asked in Dutch how can to provide feedback about the service (more than once since she would not stop repeating the same thing) and she woudl not respond and then hang up on us. 

We checked with our house builder and the cables are connected at the end of this month. We still do not understand why our contract was cancelled after so many reassurances by several other customer services and in person by the KPN store! All telling us there was no problem with our TV & Internet contract for Oct. Finally why if a customer service rep cannot speak in English would she still take the call instead of transferring to someone that does? Instead of being so unprofessional who would not bother to listen to us or to simply answer the last question about giving feedback about service.

Can someone with authority and proper knowledge confirm if indeed our contract needed to be cancelled? We did not want that.

Hi @Valerian, welcome. 

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles this situation has caused you. I would like to look into it for you. Please fill out your profile with the zipcode en housenumber on which you ordered the subscriptions and any other usefull information you can give me such a client numbers. Give me a little reminder whenever you've done that.