Skip to main content

Hello, 

I’m in a new apartment and am trying to set up KPN TV in the living room. My Experia box is in the meter cupboard in the corridor. 

I have a wired socket in the living room which looks like the below picture. The cables that come from it into the meter cupboard are in the picture below (I believe it’s a phone cable not an ethernet cable but I may be wrong).

My questions are: 

1. can the TV box work when connected to a phone cable (not an ethernet cable)? 
  2. when I have the appropriate connectors on all of the cables, should I plug the cable in the meter cupboard into the ‘phone’ port on the Experia box or convert it to ethernet to plug into the ‘ethernet’ ports. 

Any advice/recommendations of converters or equipment I’ll need to do this much appreciated. KPN are basically saying I have to do it on my own and that’s it.

Hi @Maddie1990, welcome to the KPN forum! 

Your tv-receiver needs to be connected to one of the ethernet ports, with an ethernet cable. It's not possible to transfer an ‘iptv-signal’ via a phone cable, since this is an internet signal. 

Did you manage to install the tv in the meantime? 

I haven’t heard from you again, so I’m assuming don’t need any more assistance. If you have any other question, please let me know!