Skip to main content

Fiber optic has just been installed at home. I needed to relocate the modem in the cabinet, which is far from the tv. 

I connected the tv receiver to the repeater but it doesnt work.

Any help?

Welcome to our forum @Lynxmav! Lets see how we can overcome this. 

Let me start by saying that in this case if you need an extra ethernet cable we can send you one. What does matter is if it is just extra distance or are the obstacles in the way.

If it is just straight distance a single ethernet cable is always the best way to connect. The less in between the modem and the receiver the better. If the distance is more than 10 meters and it's just a single cable you could use a connector piece like this one. If you need several extra connections in one place a switch would be better for that. 

If there is an obstacle like a wall in the way it's going to be a bit more tricky. We do have solutions for it, like a DVS, but the rule from before still goes. The more you in between the modem and receiver the bigger the chance something might hinder the signal. Plenty of people use a DVS and are supremely happy with the solution. But there have been examples of people struggling to get them to work. So only use it if you need to. 

Let us know if you only need a cable or what the situation is and we can go about getting your tv signal back. 🙂

Dear Bram, thanks for replying.  Base on your suggestions, I need a DVS.  How do I get it?

@Lynxmav you can purchase the lastest model of DVS in our webshop. Keep in mind that for 1 tv you need 2 DVS adapters. 1 at the modem and 1 at the receiver. If you want to connect a second device you would need a set of 3 DVS adapters

We have a helpful page on more information on using and tips for the DVS