Skip to main content

Hi, I have a v10a Modem, and unfortunately, in my house, the cable for the modem doesnt go to the TV Room, it stops at the cupboard meter. So I have setup the v10a there, and connected it to an Orbi Router, which distributes the signal over my house to orbi sattelites.

There is a sattelite by the TV, but if I plug the Arris TV Box there with a cable, it loads up to 20% and then throws an error Foutcode 301. Is it possible to use it like this if I do something else?

By the way, I tried connecting the TV BOX directly to the Modem (v10a) and then it seems to work, but there is no way I can connect it to the TV.

After creating this ticket, the forum gave me a suggestion on the right side for this page 

In there, it said “What works was unchecking disable IGMP proxy on my Orbi router.”
And indeed, this also worked for me.
Have to login on the Orbi Router > Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup > UNCHECK “Disable IGMP Proxy” (so actually enable it I guess)

Tv is now loading past 20%, will also probably work.

Edit: Working!

Goodmorning @Guilherme Déo,

For as far as my knowledge regarding this goes, it wil not be possible to use the orbi satelites to connect the TV box. If I am not mistaking, the orbi does not support the IGMP Snooping that is needed for the ipTV multicast streams. The error ‘Foutcode 301’ is regarding the physical connection between the TV box and Modem. 

If possible, you should try to get a cable between the cupboard meter (I think this is the closet where the fuses are?) and the TV room. This provides the best connection anyway for the best experience. 

There are other solutions similar to the orbi router:

KPN SuperWifi or KPN DVS (the last one is a powerline adapter)

Hope this helps.

Guess I need to update my knowledge regarding this… 🙄

Haha! thanks for the help @TijtheMan. Luckly it is working fine now :)
Maybe I have a new version of the Orbis which support that