Skip to main content

Hi I rented the movie Parasite and there are only Dutch subtitles. Is it possible to choose english. I checked some forums before renting it and saw that english used to be the default subtitle language.

Thanks. 

No, that’s not possible.

Offering English subtitles beside Dutch would mean that KPN has to pay more to the studio. Nothing is for free.

The only way to get it with English subtitles is to buy is from a foreign (web)shop.

The shops in the Netherlands sell it with dutch subtitles only.

Conclusion: the studio offers the film in the Netherlands only with Dutch subtitles. So it’s impossible voor KPN to offer it with English subtitles.

Buy the film f.i. from Amazon.com and you will have it with English subtitles.

Thanks for your answer it's quite clear. Its a shame though that this optionality is not given considering that it is paid TV thus a fee can be included. In any case though, Kpn should indicate in the paid TV list the default subtitles for each movie so at least the customers can choose whether  the movie is according to their preferences. For example once the movie became available in Kpn, the default subtitles where English and the lack of this information justifiably led to many discussions in the forum. 

Once again many thanks for your swift reply. 

It would be nice if I could get some info from KPN regarding the matter. 

Its a shame though that this optionality is not given considering that it is paid TV thus a fee can be included.

As i said: because dvd and bluray in the Netherlands also are without English subtitles the owner of the film has decided so. This is nog something that KPN can help.

BTW in Germany dvd en bluray  are sold with German subtitles only.

It would be nice if I could get some info from KPN regarding the matter.

They will give you the same answer. I'm sure.

Thanks for your reply. 

Hello @Hris welcome! I'm sorry it wasn't clear that no English subtitles would be provided with the movie. As Peter indicated in his post, it's safe to assume that only Dutch subtitles will be provided if you rent the movie through our platform. Could you provide me with your postal code and number of your house in your profile?  I will reimburse your purchase! 

Many thanks for your feedback and for addressing the issue! I have just updated my profile info. 

@Hris  Thank you! I corrected the costs and it will be processed on the invoice of April or May. Make sure the watch the movie through another channel, it's briljant 🙂 . I wish you a pleasant day! 

Many thanks! I will try to watch it, everyone says the same and can't wait to do so!

Cheers! 

I am also looking for the answer to this problem, thanks for your post

Hello, @Johnniewalker . Welcome on our forum.

Have you read this topic?

Two solutions: buy it via a foreign shop. Or rent via Amazon Prime.

At Amazon.com with English subtitles. In Dutch (web)shops) with Dutch subtitles only. Also via the online videorental only Dutch subs.

Or take Amazon Prime service. They have it with English subs I presume. (when this this topic started Amazon Prime wasn't available in the Netherlands).

yes thank you for the answer, i bought the movie on moviebox i saw the movie with English subtitles, very thank you

@Johnniewalker Welcome! Glad you find a solution and got to enjoy this great movie 🙂 . Please let me know if there is anything if I can assist you further!