Skip to main content

Hello. I bought a second ontvanger so that can go wireless a couple of years ago but never installed it. Now that I want to install, it doesn’t work. In a previous forum answer by Lisa to Ivan it appears that this second not yet used ontvanger is deregistered.

I gather  that I have the same problem. 

Do I just ring KPN or can this be solved via this forum? Thank you.

Hi @YvonneLuc, welcome! This all depends on whether or not you got this set top box through us, and if it is Digitenne or Interactive.

For Interactive TV

We only supply these on a rental basis. If you got it from us, then it is already in your contract and all you need to do is plug it in and enter your interactive tv number and pin code. If you purchased an interactive set top box somewhere else, you will be able to activate it with the number and pin code. However, if we notice that an additional set top box is active without it being in your contract, we can deactivate it again.

For Digitenne

Digitenne changed last year from DVB-T1 to DVB-T2. If you have a Digitenne contract with us, you will have been approached to change the boxes. If you haven't yet installed the one you got then, it will need to be reactivated by us.

If you bought a Digitenne box elsewhere, and if it supports DVB-T2, you can use this, but not with KPN. You will only be able to watch the free public channels.