Skip to main content

Greetings,

apologies I cannot write Dutch. I use translator to read messages.
I am recently begin moved from Telfort to KPN.
I have glass fiber connection and I used to have Mikrotik for internet and bridged IPTV.
Since the move, KPN uses routed IPTV.

I have red a lot of articles also in netwrkje siteā€¦

Still unable to get the both working.
I think (but not sure) that the bigger issue is that the configuration I found refers to a pppoe and needs credentials to add to the connection.
That I dont have. I dont use a DSL connection.

this link in KPN Forum, shows a configuration (similar to the one I saw in Netwerkje).
https://forum.kpn.com/thuisnetwerk-72/configuratie-mikrotik-rb4011-494258

but again, it refers to pppoe: ā€œadd add-default-route=yes allow=pap disabled=no interface=vlan1.6 \

keepalive-timeout=20 max-mru=1500 max-mtu=1500 name=pppoe-client user=\
************@direct-adsl

ā€

Can someone help me to find a configuration that works using fiber optic?
As we speak, I do have internet and a basic TV as I use the Telfort configuration with a bridged IPTVā€¦ but the configuration is incorrect; internet vlan is wrong (even if it works) and IPTV is very limited.
No credential for internet ar used at the moment, only DHCP clinet.

I hope someone can help me out.

Kind regards

I would like to add that I am not interested in the phone part.

Only Interent and IPTV

Thanks

Welcome here,Ā @Universo! Thank you for your topic.Ā Lately,Ā It's been very busy on our Forum:eyes:. Sorry for my late reply. I am not right person (here),Ā to help u with this, because I lack knowledge about this subject:speak_no_evil:. But I hopeĀ @Nick83Ā might be able to give you a tip or knows whatĀ needs to be changed allowing you to use IPTV!Ā :nerd: Ā 

Engelsā€¦

@wjbĀ ??? šŸ˜‰

Can you share the whole configurationfile of your Mikrotik?

Although I am not familiar with the configuration of a Mikrotik, I at least can have a look at it to see if I can detect possible causes.

DidĀ you move from Telfort to KPN yourself by changing your subscription or is this due to the automatic integration of Telfort toĀ KPN.

Let us know if you still need our input!Ā :sunglasses:

Thanks for your answer.

I was moved from Telfort to KPN. Not a choice.
I figure out that I am only administratively moved and not technically.
The needed info for mikrotik configuration that are present in a normal KPN modem, are not present in the telfort modem I have and therefore cant really move on.
Due to the missing phone support to solve this issue and since this is creating a big issue for TV and my family.. I made a decision to move to a different provider.
I will be challenged with same problems. But eventually I will solve them. Will also have a 1GB connection for a bit less to spend..
------
For KPN

In case KPN read this; I would have not moved.
But its too hard to get help and the move from telfort to kpn is too slow for what I need.
On top of it, I was called by someone from KPN to ask why I was moving, I liked the idea and openness at first but soon I felt harassed.. quite some aggressive way to ask questions and questioning my choice.
Difficult to change my mind with that behave.

If he wanted to make me a better offer, he had to simply do that and match what I got offered by the other ISP. And be nice.

It did not happen.
I suggest to educate the call center agents in their soft skill a bit better.

regards

Ā 

add comment="vlan4_IPTV connectie met ether1" interface=ether1-Wan name=vlan4 \
Ā Ā Ā  vlan-id=4
add comment="vlan34_Internet connectie met ether1" interface=ether1-Wan name=\
Ā Ā Ā  vlan34 vlan-id=34