Skip to main content

So I used to have a contract with KPN in the past. Due to different reasons, I cancelled that contract and had to send all the equipment back, but now I decided that was indeed the best contract for me so I restarted it. Everything arrived in good order, I quickly installed the modem and that went smooth. But when I got to the KPN TV receiver, I plugged in the hdmi cable, the ethernet cable and the power adaptor and turned it on. I was welcomed by a dark image with the text “Looking for USB key”, which after a short period turns into “USB key not found” and then it tries to connect to the internet saying “Downloading update”, until finally it hits me with “Connection timed out after 20001 miliseconds”. This happens in an endless loop and I’ve tried resetting the receiver, turning it on and off, different ethernet cables but to no success.

I have to specify that the previous receiver I had was a bit larger and looked slightly different, but worked perfectly. Also, I believe it might be the problem with the receiver, because of the only other topic I managed to find that looks somewhat to the problem I am facing: 

My Dutch is not great, but it’s good enough to understand the topic above and that the solution was eventually to replace the receiver. But I will be glad to hear what I am doing wrong and maybe there is still a way to save the current one. For now I installed KPN iTV and it works, but it would be nice to be able to also use the receiver.

Strange situation. I think it's not good.

Please fill in your profile on this forum. Then kpn service (moderators) can find your subscription and help.

https://forum.kpn.com/settings/profile

Name, Adress, Postcode, House number. All can not be read by other visitors of the forum.

Strange situation. I think it's not good.

Please fill in your profile on this forum. Then kpn service (moderators) can find your subscription and help.

https://forum.kpn.com/settings/profile

Name, Adress, Postcode, House number. All can not be read by other visitors of the forum.

Thanks for your reply, Peter. I have updated my profile accordingly and there should be enough information for the KPN moderators to help.

Could anyone from KPN give an advice on this, please?

You best call to kpn. 0800-0402 (toll free). That's the fastest. The waiting line for here is about 3 days. So still about 2 to go.

Voice response systeem: if you say (possible in English) ‘my new tv decoder is broken’ you will be connected. If you get advice to visit the website don't break the connection. After about 30 seconds you will be connected to a person.

For now, if you have the itv abonnements number and de itv pincode, you can whatch tv via de app. It's available in smart-tv's of Samsung, LG en tv's with Android-TV. Or other Android-TV devices.

Via laptop (connectable via hdmi with tv) http://tv.kpn.com .

This is not the best beginning of your new subscription. I know everything wil work well soon.

Hi @radu1204, welcome. 

Have you already had contact with a colleague? It doesn't look like it.

What you experiencing with the tv ain't right. I think the settopbox is the prolblem. So a new should solve the problem. I asked my colleague to sent a new one. You will receive a text message when done and where to pick up and all other information. Please let me know when you have. And how the new settopbox works. 

Hi @radu1204, welcome. 

Have you already had contact with a colleague? It doesn't look like it.

What you experiencing with the tv ain't right. I think the settopbox is the prolblem. So a new should solve the problem. I asked my colleague to sent a new one. You will receive a text message when done and where to pick up and all other information. Please let me know when you have. And how the new settopbox works. 

Hi @Bart_Z ,

Unfortunately, I didn’t have time this weekend to contact KPN by phone. As @PeterG mentioned above, having the KPN iTV app was sufficient to watch tv in the past few days. I also think the receiver is the problem, which, if I may add, also doesn’t seem to be controlled by the remote in any way. It just stays on the moment I plug it and not button pressing on the remote controller turns it off or does anything.

Looking forward to install the new receiver and hopefully that will work. Will make sure to inform you on the progress here.

Thanks for your reply.

I think so too. Please let me know when you installed the new one. It should work. 

I think so too. Please let me know when you installed the new one. It should work. 

Hi @Bart_Z ,

I have received and installed the new receiver in good order. This issue can now be put to rest.

Thanks once more to you and @PeterG for providing the help and the answers.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy watching tv and much more on this box. 

That's nice to hear! :)

If you get any other questions, please let us know.