Skip to main content

hi there,

We have 2 Samsung s8 unlocked working pretty well... 3 days ago something strange happened, voice over wifi stopped working - we can still get ovice over LTE but not voice over wifi with the little phone icon.

I have tried every possible setting to no avail, restarted, airplane mode, toggle on and off both from Connections > Mobile Networks and the other one under Call > 3 dots > Settings > Wifi Calling and Wifi Preferred. nothing happens anymore.

also tried:

network reset on my phone
cleaned cache from boot menu
cleaned sim card plus checked all settings...
also tested with another wifi at my work and same story.

We didn't touch the software either. All it happened was a change in our wireless setup at home with new routers or something my landlord manages, but still does not justify why at my work doesn't work anymore as well.

Is anybody experiencing the same thing?

thanks
Gabrio

Hi @gabrio81, welcome. 

Voice over wifi doesn't work anymore. 😞 You have tried a lot but you couldn't fix it. I think I know what the problem is. Is has to do with the new router, from a new internet service provider I guess? I think your IP adress isn't registered right in our system. Can you please fill in your IP adress in your profile under Persoonlijke opmerkingen (Privé). Will you let me know when you did?

Hi @gabrio81, welcome. 

Voice over wifi doesn't work anymore. You have tried a lot but you couldn't fix it. I think I know what the problem is. Is has to do with the new router, from a new internet service provider I guess? I think your IP adress isn't registered right in our system. Can you please fill in your IP adress in your profile under Persoonlijke opmerkingen (Privé). Will you let me know when you did?😞

thank you Bart, well the landlord said they "did" something new, which is not clear, indeed it could be that, so an IP not registered, I have filled that info in the profile as you asked me. or a port to open perhaps (which one?).

please let me know next steps, thank you

Thanks. I asked my colleague. Will be continued.

I got conformation, your IP adress is now registered in our database. You can call over wifi again.

WOW awesome service, i just checked and indeed it works, thanks a lot!

great work!

Gabrio

You're welcome!

hi Bart, i sent you a new PM, if you can add also my office IP…. cheers

I notified my colleague. I will come back to you. 

Also that IP is now registered. :)

Hi, i sent a request for a new IP. Thank you

That one is not possible. It's not located in the Netherlands. So you won't connect to our network. 

Ahh i thought you can still use voip on the wifi network i am connected here too :( 

Would be cool if it works abroad since network can be also poor abroad, etc not only NL

I understand, but abroad you’are not connected to our Mobile Netwerk. And yes, it can be poor abroad, but that's not something we can fix. :(

Hi, i sent my IP address to you from PM. 
can you please add it also? 
thanks

@KKtheITGuy will you also update your profile with at least your mobile number. Will you know when you did? I will look into it. 

@Bart_Z done,thank you :)

I notified my collegues of the Back Office to look into it. I Think within 5 working it will work.