Skip to main content

I am currently using number from Lebara, and now in the process of signing up a mobile (data) subscription with KPN. I decided to keep my current number.

In the following email, KPN said that they will transfer my number on the beginning of next year (which is too long for me). Is there any way that I can get my current number transferred sooner? Right now I only have a monthly cancellable plan with Lebara so I guess I am not bound to any other time contract with Lebara other than this.

Thanks! 

HI @Herdin,  

Are you sure you have a monthly cancellable plan? If so, it should be possible to transfer your number within 31 days. The only problem is that Lebara has told us that the 31st of December the first possible date is for your number. This is why the date has been set on the 2nd of January. 

Hi, yes it is a monthly cancellable plan (as seen below). I could not understand why the number transfer requires almost three months. For this issue, where can I talk to?

To me, I guess. I don't see the problem tho, you always have a one(1) month noticed period. 

Nice then! Can I begin to use KPN by next month then? If yes, what step should I do next?

In theorie wel, ik heb het nogmaals aangevraagd maar ik krijg wederom van Lebara de melding dat de eerstvolgende datum  31 december is, ik krijg dus geen toestemming om het eerder over te nemen. Zou je het daar na willen vragen of het bij hun goed staat? 

Yesterday I received this email from Lebara. 

I am not sure, but does that mean my current subscription has been cancelled? I’m afraid that since they are cancelling my subscription but the number transfer will be done in December as per your information, I cannot use my number/internet service.

I can't speak for Lebara, but I think this is because you gave the order to KPN to transfer your number. My advice is to contact Lebara just to be sure. 

I have talked to Lebara and this is their reponse. They said that if I want the number porting to take place sooner, I can request this from KPN. Can you help me with this?

Well, this is weird. I really can't, our request keeps getting rejected by Lebara when trying to transfer the number earlier. The only way to do this, as far as I know, is if they release the number earlier. Probably by giving you a penalty of 1 months worth of your subscription.