Skip to main content

I have a kpn data sim that I would like to use on a TPlink mini LTE router (TPlink M7200).

The sim is activated and without PIN. I know it works because I have used it succesfully on my phone.

When I insert the KPN sim in the router and I connect to the router with a laptop everything works fine.

Problem 1: when I connect to the router with the phone my phone says that it has no connection. I tried with 3 different Android devices (Samsung and OnePlus): same story.

The weird thing is that it happens only with the KPN sim. Can it be that the kpn sim is 5g and the router does not support it? But if this is the case, why does everything work fine with my laptop?

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Which apn are you using? If you are using apn internet then it could be an IPv6 problem. Can you change the settings to pdp-type IPv4 only? Or use apn portalmmm.nl. 

Thank you, good sir. I changed the profile to IPv4 only and it worked.

However I also had to change APN from KPN4G.nl to “internet”, otherwise the connection would be extremely slow. I didn’t know the APN name could influence speed.

But do you have an explanation/link for the IPv4/6 thing? Was it a problem of the router?

Thanks

Â