Skip to main content

Apologies in advance for the English post.  My wife and I were hosting 3 Ukrainian refugees (my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and her 5 year old daughter) fleeing the war.  Unfortunately, for various reasons, they had to return to Ukraine recently.  When they arrived in the Netherlands in early March, I immediately wanted to get them SIM cards and the KPN agent in the store advised me to just add two SIM cards to my existing account under my name only, since it would not be possible to give them their own accounts.  As a benefit, I could also share GBs with them as needed.  I agreed - however, it was not completely clear to me at the time (my fault) that I was signing a 1-year agreement for each line.

At this moment, I now have two extra lines to pay for and the two users of these lines have moved abroad.  I realize I am responsible for these lines, and it is my name on the contract, but I am hoping for some forgiveness from KPN to release these two lines from my account considering the complicated situation in Ukraine and we were simply trying to help these refugees integrate.  I know KPN has been very supportive of Ukrainian refugees and hope KPN would be sympathetic to this situation.

I can provide information on deregistration of the two users if needed, and any other details to support my claim.  Please help?

Hi @kenmac and welcome to our forum! I hope your mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her daughter are doing good, despite the fact that they had to return so quickly. I can imagine you’re not looking to have all these subscriptions on your name, several of which you’re not using yourself. I can't terminate any contracts, only our contract department can, so my advise to you here is to contact them. You can call 0800-0402 and tell the robot you want to cancel a subscription or ‘opzeggen’. You’ll then be transferred to the contracts department. They’re available on business days between 8:00 - 20:00 and on Saturdays between 9:00 - 17:00. If calling is difficult, you can also start a chat on our contact page. Choose ‘wijzigen’ > ‘opzeggen’ > ‘mobiel’ > ‘ander abonnement’ and then all the way to the bottom of the page you'll have a chat option. They have the same opening hours there as the ones on the phone, and hopefully something can be arranged!