Skip to main content

Hello, my name is Giouxel Kasaika.

At the end of January I moved from Netherlands.
So, I tried to cancel my KPN subscription at the end of January from the KPN website. 
I couldn't find any contact method by email. So, I used the only method of online chat. 
I talked with someone on online chat and I explained the situation and told him that I want to end my contract. He asked for my personal information for identification. I gave him everything he needed and then he told me that I must pay for one more month for last time and then my contract will be ended. So I paid extra for February! And what I saw today on my email? Wow, invoice from KPN and extra +9 euros from normal invoice. Then I recontacted with someone again from online chat and he told me he did not see any cancellation of my subscription. lol. I explained him what is going on and I asked him to check old conversations, his answer was "we don't keep old conversations" ahaha, he told me someone will call me and he closed the chat. still nothing..I am waiting.. I refuse to pay any extra money. Don't make me go to court for that!

Hi @Giouxel Kasaika and welcome to our forum! Very odd that you were told this would be arranged and then it didn't happen. After chatting you have the option to save the chat and have it sent to you by e-mail, did you use this option perhaps? Not a problem if you didn't, but that might help here. If not, then there should at least be a short log on the day that you talked to my colleague and that it regarded cancelling your subscription. Unfortunately I can't cancel subscriptions, but if you start another chat on our website and type in ‘Opzeggen’ then you should be forwarded to the department that can cancel them. If you explain everything there, including what happened a month ago, and that the subscription was supposed to stop then I have every reason to believe that they'll help you the best they can. 

Thanks a lot for your response, no I didn't saved any chat. But yesterday I already spoken with cancelation department and he cancelled my subscription as he told me. Also I have to pay only the last invoice which I got this month... :/

I'm glad you were able to talk to them yesterday. If that was their conclusion there is little I can do to change the outcome. Did you at least get a confirmation yesterday that your subscription is being cancelled? That way you know that it's been sorted and you can count on us deactivating your subscription. 

I got this email as confirm cancelation of my subscription.

Yes, that's the one! Great, then that's all in order. It took a little longer than planned, but I'm glad the cancellation is registered now and I wish you all the best! Stay safe and healthy. 💚