Skip to main content

I have just signed up for an Internet + Mobile package with KPN, to be activated on 25 November, which is the date I arrive in the Netherlands.
I got an email to arrange the delivery of my SIM card, however I can only pick a date until 22 November, when I won’t be in the Netherlands yet.

How can I arrange for the 25 November? Also, how can I set my current mobile phone number to an international one, since I don’t have a Dutch number yet? I have set a fake Dutch number for now just to be able to sign up on MyKPN but this could be a problem for future communication.

Hi @AndreasCost and welcome to our forum! If it's a new subscription and a Sim Only (so just a simcard) then it will be delivered to you through the mail. You'll receive it in your mailbox. 🙂 You'll also receive an e-mail with an activation code, which you can use on our activation page to activate the sim card. If the sim card hasn't been activated yet within 7 days of receiving the order, then it will be activated automatically. So if you set the delivery to the 22nd of November, then you should be able to activate it on the 25th yourself. I do not recommend entering a random phone number, as all the information about your subscription will be sent to this number. If this number belongs to someone, that person will be able to see all the communication and receive unwanted text messages. It's not possible to enter a non-Dutch number, however you could ask a Dutch person you know for permission to use their number temporarily. That way you can keep up with the communication, and you know the texts won't be sent to someone who isn't meant to see them.Â