Skip to main content

Hi, I am in the process of extending the subscription of my mobile. I am currently a Telfort customer.  I want to get also a new phone. I am EU citizen (not dutch). In the shop I have been told I need to show the BRP. Now:

1. I don’t see why I need to do that: I have already proved to telfort that I am living in a stable way in NL paying every single cent of my bills.
  2. The BRP cost 14.9 euro. Is there any other document I can provide in alternative to save such money? Or in case KPN requests the BRP, are you going to reimburse me that amount?

Hi @Fabio1980NL, welcome to our Forum. 

I understand you want to come over from Telfort to us. If you are out of contract of almost out of contract that's possible. You want a subscription with a phone. Only you have to show the BRP.

1. Telfort and KPN are not together yet. I can't see any details of your Telfort subcription. Untill Telfort and KPN go together we see you as a new customer, that's one reason. And also if you extend we always check if the your ID or passport is still valid. 
  2. I can't reimburse the amount if you request one. But you can wait till after the 26th of january. Then all Telfort subscriptions will come to us. And then you can probably extend without any problems. I’m going to check that for you tomorrow and  I will come back to you. 

Sorry I am a bit later then promised. I have asked around and if you don't want to pay for the BRP I will advise you to wait till after the 26th of january when Telfort Mobile and KPN are together. Then you can extend your subscription.