Skip to main content

Hi,

On Saturday (18 May) I went to a KPN store and renewed my contract. I also ordered a new phone. 
the employee at the KPN store told me that due to the public holiday my phone will be delivered on Tuesday instead of Monday.

Its now Wednesday and I have not received any delivery information from Post NL or KPN.

I understand that there may be a delivery backlog due to the public holiday but I want to be ahead of the situation in case there is an issue because my old phone is broken and I urgently need the new phone. I see delivery issue are happening and I want to make sure there is no issue in my case.

I called KPN 2 days ago and they told me that everything was in oder and I should expect Post NL email for delivery.

I called KPN today again and they told me that the order confirmation for the new phone was not made. Apparently the employee at the KPN store should have clicked ‘OK’ but didn’t do so and now my phone is not ordered.

Today they advised me to go back to the store and cancel the previous order and make a new one.

I will go today but I expect more issues coming along.

I called KPN 2 days ago and they told me that everything was in oder and I should expect Post NL email for delivery.

I called KPN today again and they told me that the order confirmation for the new phone was not made. Apparently the employee at the KPN store should have clicked ‘OK’ but didn’t do so and now my phone is not ordered.

Today they advised me to go back to the store and cancel the previous order and make a new one.

I will go today but I expect more issues coming along.

Go to the store, cancel the subscription and order for an new phone en go to one of the online shops like mobiel.nl or belsimpel.nl, the can make the order also and deliver your phone within 24 hours.

I went to KPN in de Pijp and the guy was extremely helpful. 
The issue was that apparently when the initial order was made, the request went to the ‘Credit Check Department’ so they can approve that I don’t have a negative credit (!).

Anyways, the message in the system was that they will review and approve or reject within 24 hours but this doesn’t happen unless you call that department on the spot so they can immediately approve and the order can go through (without actually checking anything).

This was a bit weird and while I don’t mind this process, someone should have told me. I was told in the store when I renewed my subscription (and later on the phone 3 times when I called customer service) that everything is ok and I should wait for the Post NL email. I was waiting for an email that was never going to come.

This is not ok and thankfully I went directly to the store. The employee there called the department himself and solved the issue within 10 seconds and I received the order confirmation email.

I thank him for that.

I am now waiting for Post NL delivery, hopefully there will be no more surprises.

If your phone is not in stock it can took more time than you want, therefore was my suggestion to cancel and order online. Phones are for KPN not there main product instead of the online shops I mention. They have almost every phone in stock and are very quick in sending it. Hope for you that your phone will arrive soon but fingers crossed.

Thank you for your advice. I did not know that but maybe it will help someone who is thinking about ordering a new phone.

I am now 7 days from ordering the phone and I still don’t have it.

Post NL is ‘trying’ to deliver my phone for the last two days but the delivery time just keeps postponing. Now apparently it will come on Monday but I am out of the country Monday and Tuesday so I don’t even know what’s going to happen. Probably they will leave it at a drop off point or at the neighbors. 

Just for reference, I ordered my phone case 4 days after I ordered the phone. The phone case arrived yesterday via Post NL and the phone didn’t arrive yet, which I find ridiculous.

Anyways, I am not the first person with these issues, according to the forum this happens weekly, if not daily so sometimes its just a matter of luck.

Reageer