Skip to main content

Dear Sir, dear Madam,

I gave an end to my KPN Dutch mobile contract in January 2022, I kept  my Dutch phone with the SIM card going back  to France; so I could use this  phone with the sim card and its phone number with wifi ; Then I lost this phone with the SIM card inside.

How could I recover my Dutch phone number.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind regards,

Alexandre

Hello @AlexandreG 

If your subscription is terminated, the telephone number will expire.
If you used the number for WhatsApp, you will no longer be able to access that because you will no longer be able to verify the phone number.

Or did you have the subscription converted to prepaid?

If you still have a subscription you can ask online for a new simcard. The thing is ofcourse, this will send to the contact address. For a subscription this will be a Dutch address. Or do you have a prepaid? @AlexandreG 
For prepaid you can ask one online: https://www.kpn.com/service/mobiel/simkaart-3/prepaid-sim-kaart.htm But you need at least €4,99 top-up to order a simcard for prepaid. But i am guessing also for prepaid you can only ask to send one to a Dutch address. 

Dear GeSp,

My subscription is terminated since January 2022 and I did not converted it to prepaid.

Could I request a prepaid replacement SIM card as suggested by Jeroen.

Thank you for your answer.

Kind regards,

Alexandre

Dear Alexander,

Unfortunately you cannot request a replacement prepaid SIM card, also the telephone number you used can’t be recovered, it's probably already in use by someone else.

If you want a new dutch telephone number you can buy a prepaid SIM card in the Netherlands, you'll need a Dutch address if you order it online but you can get it without a Dutch address in any store which sell them.

Thank you GeSp for your prompt answer and have a good continuation. Alexandre