Skip to main content

I moved from the Netherlands back to my homeland, Canada at the end of November 2023. On December 20th I sent the official RNI documentation to KPN via email to opzeggen@kpn.com. I received an email back saying that they had received my documents and would handle my request within 14 days. My subscription was to be cancelled. But I was just billed again. A regular bill. Nothing stating that it is a last bill. I have also sent another email to opzeggen@kpn.com but have not received an answer. I own the phone and already have another plan and sim card in the phone here in Canada. So I am paying KPN for a subscription that I am not using. I see from this forum that this happens a lot. This is unacceptable. I have provided the proper documentation and would like my subscription to be cancelled, please.

Did you receive a conformation of the cancellation it self with a definitive end date in writing? Normally you have to take into account a notice period of one month. It also normal you will receive one more regular bill because of possible additional one time costs that need to be processed. 

If you have received a confirmation in writing you should receive a final notice. With this notice you will receive a correction and a return of the subscription fee. 

I sent it all via email on the 20th of December. I have not received any confirmation or any correspondance, other than my bill on the 14th of january. When I log into my KPN, my subscription still shows  as good until july 2025

What number do I need to call from canada in order to resolve this issue?

You should call during office hours in the Netherlands between 0800 and 1700 Jennifer Christopher. 

I just tried to call this number. It says this number is no longer in service.

That's unfortunate Jennifer, you could try mailing again but you could also try our Socials, X (Twitter) for example. 

I don’t understsnd why this is so difficult? Where is KPN’s customer service. I have resent everything to opzeggen.com for the second time since december and I have also done the opzeggen do to emigration on the KPN website. I cannot find a number anywhere to call that works internationally. I have provided an email address and phone number where I can be reached and still cannot resolve this issue. How is twitter an acceptable solution? Is there no way to reach someone directly or have them reach me. It feels as if KPN is just choosing to ignore my paperwork and continue to bill me for services I am no longer using. I have done everything I was instructed to do by KPN. What are my options at thus point?

I'm sorry that this proces is so difficult. I've contacted customerservice myself and the number 0031612001200 should work now. I'm not in a positon to handle such contract mutations. I would advise you to call again.

I tried calling again….0031612001200 as you said. It says call cannot be completed as dialed. 😞

I figured it out for myself. From canada people need to call: 01131612001200 .

I called and they told me to email my request again.