Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am writing here seeking some help after having no luck with both the phone client service and the personnel at the shop.

On January 25th 2024 I placed an order online for a new phone together with the unlimited mobile subscription (new number). I immediately paid 2/3 of the price of the phone (I see the payment in my bank account), with the remaining part to be paid monthly in the coming 12 months. 

The process of placing the order went smoothly from start to end, and I received an email immediately after the payment saying the following: “Je ontvangt van ons binnen 1 dag een e-mail met het overzicht van je bestelling. Tot die tijd hoef je niets te doen.”

I haven’t received any other email or communication in any form thus far and I was not provided any order number initially.

The assistant at the shop (Rotterdam) when typing in the terminal my post code and house number only could see in KPN’s systems a previous tenant’s subscription, but couldn’t see anything related to my order. They said that they couldn’t help further and that I would have needed to contact the client service by phone. I then contacted the client service but the also couldn’t see anything related to my order and the call was interrupted suddenly before I could get any further detail about the issue.

I can see some sort of alphanumeric order code in the payment details on my banking app, but that order number does not work when used to check the status of the order on KPN website.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what should I do next?  

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Mtn129,

If you've paid 2/3 of the price, there should be an order, so it's a bit weird we can't seem te find it now 🤔 Can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? You can note the order code in the ‘persoonlijke opmerkingen’ field at the bottom, I'll see what I can find with this code!

Hi Maya, thanks for your reply.

Yesterday, I could speak with another operator that helped me placing another order and registered me in KPN’s systems. They could not find the first order that I submitted, but they suggested to wait 7 working days because most likely the payment I made will be rejected automatically. I believe they have noted this somewhere.

I have added my personal details and the payment description that I see in my bank account.

Ah, I do see the order now! And I also see an note that you can call back if the first payment is not rejected within 7 days, so they can fix that for you. 

So I'm pretty sure things will be alright @Mtn129 😊

Great, thanks! @Maja van KPN