Skip to main content

TL;DR

I called the customer service since there may be an error with my mobile contract start month. I asked them to share an email address with me that I can ask the same question and have our conversation recorded. They said we don’t use email as a communication channel. They said trust on our word and the phone conversation recording would always be available. 

I’m switching from another company to KPN and I want to keep my number. My current contract ends in April but I wanted to initiate the process earlier with KPN. I received an email that my contract would start at the exact date my current contract ends in April. However, when I received the sim card delivery, they also asked me to sign a digital form which showed the contract start date as February. I called the customer service to change it, and they told me that they don’t see any contract starting in February. I asked them to send me an email or share an email address with me where I can have those answers recorded. However, they said they don’t have such an email address, and they don’t have email as a communication channel. Now I’m not sure whether KPN has a good service. How would I be protected agains any misinformation?

Hi @N D,

If you received 2 different dates, I understand you're a bit worried. When you use ‘nummerbehoud' and take an existing number with you to a new provider, it's only possible to do so after the contract with your current provider has ended. If you really want to stop using the network from your current provider, you're able to jump a few hoops and start a bit more early, but this requires some action on your behalf, as wel as changes in the order by KPN ánd your old provider. This does not randomly happen 😉 So I don't think you need to worry about a starting date in februari. I am curious what exactly is stated in the form you had to sign. Is it possible to place a screenshot here? Without visible personal information since this is a public forum. 

I've double checked things @N D and on the contracts we have a disclaimer:

This means the porting date of your number equals the real starting date of your contract 🙂