Skip to main content

Hello! First, sorry for this being english, as I am still learning the language and I am new here.

I got my KPN Unlimited subscribtion on 3rd september, 2022. First day was okay, but after that, my 4g/5g has been disaster most of the time. Sometimes internet is fine and working, but most of the time it is slow and latency/ping is pretty high. I also use mobile hotspot for my laptop, which is the same. Sometimes there are moments when internet is fine, but most of the time, mobile hotspot is also super bad. I get high ping spikes while gaming or browsing internet and the latency is pretty high. When I do speedtest, internet speeds are good and shouldn't be a problem, but as I said, latency and ping are still high. Internet keeps disconnecting. This isn't issue of my phone as my original phone plan from my country works fine and when I use roaming, it is good and no issues there. So as far as I've read the forums etc., the issue is from KPN side. I have worked for mobile operator before, so I know and have done all the troubleshooting things in my phone, even changed a SIM at KPN. 

I live in Venlo, close to border to Germany. It may be the issue because of being close to border, but the issue occurs also while being out of house (at work, city etc.) and when I enter Germany, 4/5g in roaming is fine. 

I mostly use internet not calls and it doesn't make me feel too good about this as I've just joined KPN as customer and on the first week of using the network has already been very dissapointing for me. I have a contract that I can cancel any month, but I don't really want to be the one who changes mobile operators all the time as I prefer staying loyal to one as I always appreciate quality not the price. 35 euros a month is more than unlimited plans for different operators, but as I said, I've heard good things about quality of KPN, but my experience hasnt been like that, sadly.

I don't know if the problem can be resolved and I can start using the network fully without any trouble, but I feel like this issue is related to iPhone 11 internet topic. 
Maybe any KPN support can comment on this issue, please and maybe add my number to list to have checked out by the technical side about the problem?

Thank you very much!

Elvis.

Hi @lemonwave . Welcome to the forum.
Sad to real about your issues with the connection.  Did you try the SIM card in another phone yet? 

Hi @lemonwave . Welcome to the forum.
Sad to real about your issues with the connection.  Did you try the SIM card in another phone yet? 

I have tried different sim in my phone, my phone wasnt at fault. For now, this week Ive had no issues with network, working good.

I thought to share what fixed my issue . I eventually got rid of the issue by disabling low power mode.

I thought to share what fixed my issue . I eventually got rid of the issue by disabling low power mode.

That's great. I hope this will solve it for other people who read this topic, too