Skip to main content

Hi.

I don’t know if it’s a potentially silly question, but since mobile communications work different in my country, i’ll ask anyway.

When I started my KPN mobile contract, they told me I had a 06 number, but when I tried to put it in the MIJNKPN app, it said that it was invalid. However, checking the info on my Android, I discovered that my mobile number was +31 65…., and when I put that number on the app, it finally accepted it and I could see all my data on the app (including that 06 number). I tried calling from a different phone to the 2 numbers, and only the second one was able to connect to my phone.

So, my silly question is, which one is the correct number? Why are they different?

I’d also like to add that I have a mechanic appointment and in the confirmation mail said that they would call me to the 06 number, but now I’m a little worried that I won’t be able to pick it up.

Thanks!

Hi

0623456789 and +316234567789

are the same number 

With +31 is inclusive country code. 31 is the netherlands. This number can be called from all phones in the world and then they get you.

Without the country code it can only be use from other Dutch numbers. 

Bu the way. Your country has its own country code. United Kingdom is +44....

Yep, I'm perfectly aware of that.

In this case, my 06 number is completely different from the +31 65 number I saw on the info provided by my Android. That's why I was asking why it showed 2 different numbers.

Where does the Android show that number?

At phone info and then phone number i can see my phone number. But it's not filled in because kpn simcard does not support that. 

This is the number where I can get calls, by the way. Not the 06 number KPN tells me I have in their emails.

Is that also the number others see on their phone when you call them?

Yes, this is the one others see when i call them. That's why I find odd that my 06 number is different from this one.

So, any clues as to why they're different? Is this an error on KPN's system? Thanks.

There is another 06 number on your invoices (facturen)??? 😳.

Sip, o al menos es lo que veo en el correo que me enviaron con mi contrato y el numero que dicen que me llamara el mecanico.

Hi @bpramirezr 
cross out your emailadres as well

Sip, o al menos es lo que veo en el correo que me enviaron con mi contrato y el numero que dicen que me llamara el mecanico.

The telephonenumber shown in the picture @bpramirezr, is the number you gave as the contact phonenumber before the subscription of KPN becomes active. 

Aha! 😃