Skip to main content

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the complaints procedure please with KPN?

The household had four contracts for mobile phones totalling around €95 per month. We purchased a new phone from the KPN shop in Den Haag and the advisor said we were on old contracts and that the new contracts were cheaper and also offered unlimited minutes. He persuaded my wife to change the four contracts.

I’ve received the first two invoices and each phone is now being charged at 32.50 per month, totalling €130 per month. An increase of €35 per month.

I telephoned customer services and they can’t help, they referred to me the shop but the shop’s are closed due to COVID.

Any idea who to resolve or escalate please?

Hi

Any idea how I can deal with this please?

Thanks

Please hold on.

A KPN representative will pick this up but it’s busy lately.

You can call to the customer service 0800-0402 

You can call to the customer service 0800-0402 

Thanks, see above though. I tried this, took 90 minutes to eventually get to speak with someone and they said there’s nothing they can do. The told me to speak with the shop but they’re closed.

You have try this

https://www.kpn.com/keuzehulp.htm

Hi @nicke1. What I would like to do is see how I can assist you. First thing I would like to find out is if the amount you pay every month is the same as stated in your contract. The easiest way to see this if you could add your information to your profile. Could you please let me know when you added your information here? 

Hi @nicke1. What I would like to do is see how I can assist you. First thing I would like to find out is if the amount you pay every month is the same as stated in your contract. The easiest way to see this if you could add your information to your profile. Could you please let me know when you added your information here? 

Thanks Bram

I’ve updated my profile with the mobile customer number. You’ll see four contracts associated with the account.

Note, in the interim through MijnKpn I’ve changed the subscription to a slightly cheaper one to at least reduce some cost.

I did arrange a call with one of the stores and the person assisting said there was nothing they could do. All they could suggest was for me to move to a cheaper tariff.

Thanks

Nick

I've checked the order. What I think you're seeing in extra money is the amount without the discount you get with Hussel. Per contract you get a 7,50 discount because you also have home internet with KPN. Could you do a check to see if the amount you see is with or without that discount?

Hi Bram,

The discount does not apply because we do not have internet with KPN.

My issue is that the contracts were miss-sold.

At the time we took a new phone our current contract cost for four phones was €97.79 per month.

The KPN staff member told my wife that we were on old contracts and should move to new ones. He stated the new contracts would be €1 cheaper each per month and that data was unlimited.

At the beginning of the conversation we explicitly stated that we do NOT have internet with KPN and he confirmed that even still the contracts would be €1 per month less.

We were therefore expecting a total contract cost of €93.79 per month but when the invoices were received it was €130. Clearly a huge difference of €36,21 per month or €869.04 over two years (figures exclude the charge for the new phone).

What was ‘sold’ to us intentionally or unintentionally by the agent is clearly what we didn’t receive.

I would like to know how this can be addressed? Is there a compensation process?

Nick

Hi Bram,

Any update please?

Thanks

Nick

Hi @nicke1. I've checked out the current orders in our system. What I can see is that there is still an order for a discount. It is for the amount of €5,00 in stead of €7,50. What I am going to propose is waiting until the order has been processed, which should be before the 3rd of februari and then see if we can change the product to come to an agreement. What I have noticed is that three of the subscriptions don't use the amount of data that would require unlimited data bundels. We could check to see if we can reduce the amount of data in them, and therefore the price, 

Hi @nicke1. I've checked out the current orders in our system. What I can see is that there is still an order for a discount. It is for the amount of €5,00 in stead of €7,50. What I am going to propose is waiting until the order has been processed, which should be before the 3rd of februari and then see if we can change the product to come to an agreement. What I have noticed is that three of the subscriptions don't use the amount of data that would require unlimited data bundels. We could check to see if we can reduce the amount of data in them, and therefore the price, 

Hi Bram,

Sorry I don’t understand what you’re proposing. I think the problem is quite clear - we were persuaded to move to a new contracts based on a lie, that is, the new contracts would be cheaper. The reality is that they are €36.21 more expensive each month than promised.

Yes, I could move off the unlimited data option to say 15gb but firstly that is still more expensive than what we were promised and also isn’t what was offered.

The problem is that you have signed a contract wherein you signed for the price that was offered. I understand that it does not state what was promised by the employee. So I`m trying to find a way where you pay what you want and nobody will have the problem where they run out of data. I understand this is not a comfortable situation and that's why I`m trying to find the best solution. 

Thanks Bram,

I understand. Do you have an estimate on when you’d be able to get back to me with a proposal?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Bram, any update please?

Thanks

Nick

I do have an update. Sorry for taking quite a bit of time but I needed to make sure that all of the discounts that were still coming through were applied. The price has gone down because of them as you should be able to see in the MijnKPN. Unfortunately there is little I can do with changing the contracts. I have checked and there is nothing other than down or upgrading contracts that I can do for you. What I would like to propose is using the subscriptions for a month and then connecting the sales departement to check in which way we can change the subscriptions so everyone has enough data but the prices is as low  as possible. 

Thanks Bram,

I’m sure then you can appreciate my problem with the contracts being miss-sold. We were given bad information that has resulted in extra costs each month over what was promised. If we had stayed on the contracts we were on it would have been far preferable.

Is there a compensation process with KPN? How can this be escalated?

I’m the only loser here, KPN have gotten me off the old contracts and I’m having to pay more money.

Thanks

Nick