Skip to main content

Hello, i have a Mobil SIM from KPN and i have no Connection with my Router when i config the PDP-Type ipv4. The Internet Connection works only with IPv6. The problem is that i have a Camera and a Sonos Speaker that works only with IPv4. 
can somebody help me?

Chris

What type of TPLINK router are you using?

Can you share the settings of the mobile connection? 

What are the dhcp settings of your router? 

Possible solution:

You can try to use apn portalmmm.nl instead of apn internet. 

Apn portalmmm.nl is only IPv4.

With apn internet you can use IPv4 or IPv6 depending on the pdp-type.

Is the sim een 06-number or a 097-number, called data-sim @Hanni8al .

You need a datasim with a 097-number for your TP-Link .

A 06-number is not allowed.

@Neville I have a TL-MR6400

Here are my settings from WAN-Interface and LAN-Settings:

The settings are looking fine. I would expect that this should work. Are still having problems?

You could also try apn advancedinternet. With this apn your router is directly connect to the internet and gets a public IPv4 address.

I have only a Internet Connection with the Settings Ipv6.

With the APN advancedinternet it doesen’t work too.

With my Vodafone Sim Card works the router perfect.

@N.N. i have a 06 Number. It that the problem? I become the sim card in the Shop but i sayed that i need a sim card for my Router.

@Hanni8al Please change "Network Mode” to "4G Only”, "Authentication Type" to CHAP and put somethings in fields Username/Password

@TDN it doesn’t work too. 😥

Maybe i cancel the contract and go to Odido or Vodafone.

@Hanni8al It doesn't work too with APN=internet of APN=advancedinternet with the CHAP-settings?

@TDN  No it doesen’t work

@Hanni8al 

For my holiday I have bought a TP-LINK mr6400.

When I use apn internet and set pdp-type on IPv4/IPv6 and connect my mobile phone (Android) with wifi. My mobile is not able to browse the internet. My laptop which has a wired connection to the TP-LINK works fine. I can see the IPv6 address in TP-LINK and when I go to ipv6-test.com it shows a public IPv4 address and IPv6 address.

When I change the pdp-type to IPv4 using apn internet. Connect my phone via wifi it works fine. Also my laptop wired is working fine. I only do not have an IPv6 address when I check ipv6-test.com website. Which is as expected. 

When I change between pdp-type I had to disconnect the cable of my laptop and reconnect the cable to the TP-LINK otherwise it stopped working for my laptop. No internet available.

I was thinking about your sonos system as it does not connect with the internet when you use pdp-type IPv4/IPv6 or IPv6 like my Android phone. Advice use apn internet pdp-type IPv4 save the configuration and reboot the TP-LINK. When the TP-LINK is up and running check if your sonos has an internet connection. Instead of rebooting the TP-LINK you can also try to power off and on your sonos. I think when you change the TP-LINK settings the connected devices some how loose there internet connection. Like my laptop. 

Hope that this works for you. :-)

Reageer