Skip to main content

Hi - I’m moving out of the Netherlands and would like to cancel my mobile contract subscription (which is a 2 years contract) and I also want to keep my number and switch it to prepaid so I can continue using it if I need to.

Here’s where things are so far:
1. I filled in the online form for emigration stating I wanted my contract to end on 31st of May
2. Last I week I emailed to opzeggen mentioning about this cancellation and that I also want to keep my number and switch it to prepaid
3. Few days ago I received confirmation that the subscription will end on 4th of June
4. I still haven’t received a reply regarding my prepaid switch so I did another followup to opzeggen
5. Today, I received an email saying my mobile contract cancellation has been cancelled. So my subscription will remain active (what?)

I don’t know what’s happening here but there’s a huge misunderstanding going on here. Please help fix this problem for me

Hello @Stephen Yusman ,

You better call with 0800-0402. They can help you in the English Language. 

@Noordzee I already did and I think they made a mistake. 

5. Today, I received an email saying my mobile contract cancellation has been cancelled. So my subscription will remain active (what?)

I think they instead cancelled my cancellation that I’ve requested. I’m pretty frustrated at this point so would appreciate the support team to help

@Noordzee I already did and I think they made a mistake. 

so would appreciate the support team to help

Hello @Stephen Yusman ,

You better call with 0800-0402. They can help you in the English Language. 

My advice : 

Call again with 0800 - 0402. 

as I mentioned, the support team has pretty helpless so far. That’s why I’m trying my luck here

This is not the medium for stopping a contract. 

Op het forum kun je geen abonnementen opzeggen. Hiervoor moet je toch echt bij de telefonische klantenservice zijn.

Hello @Stephen Yusman and welcome here!

For these kind of cases we will really have to advise you to call us on the free number 0800 0402, just like @Noordzee mentions. We can help you with a lot of different things via this forum but when it comes to ending or cancelling a contract, you can actually only call our customer service. I really hope that you contacted them again and that they now understand what you excactly want! 

@JanZ_ I contacted them again and yet nobody could help me. They asked me to email opzeggen@kpn.com and I’ve actually done that already, 2 weeks ago yet no reply!

I’ve also filed a formal complaint and haven’t got any correspondence either. This is frustrating. Can you please help me to escalate this?

When did you file this complaint @Stephen Yusman

If you would fill in your profile and can give me a sign once you did this, I can have a further look for you.

@JanZ_ I filed it last week. Done, please help

@JanZ_ I filed it last week. Done, please help

Thanks @Stephen Yusman!
I see a complaint was filed in at april 28th. My colleagues will contact you inside 2 weeks to discuss this complaint further with you.

@JanZ_ I’m leaving the Netherlands end of this month, and I’ve been dealing with your support team for 2 weeks now. Can we please resolve this earlier

@JanZ_ I’m leaving the Netherlands end of this month, and I’ve been dealing with your support team for 2 weeks now. Can we please resolve this earlier

I have no options to resolve this earlier for you, I'm sorry. I can only advice you to wait for the call.