Skip to main content

Dear KPN,

I would like to ask how is it possible to cancel my moblie subscription? The reason is that i no longer live in Netherlands, due to coronavirus I moved back to my country and I do not need my sunscription anymore. I wasn't registred and I have no proofing documents to show. The only thing I can say is that Im not in Netherlands and not using it.

I have also recieved a new 55€ bill but my SIM was blocked because of previously unpayed bill, so this month I couldnt make calls and use internet. I would like to ask to exclude this one becuse I didnt use KPN for 2 months already.

My client number is: (...)

Best regards,
Aleksander Kreiter

*Admin: gegevens verborgen i.v.m. privacy

Hi @Aleksander Kreiter! Is your contract at the end of its term (1 or 2 years)? It's most convenient to call us (calling from abroad +31612001200). You can also ask us to call you back. First, translate the webpage and press the blue button ‘call me back (NL: Bel me terug)’. Enter your phone number and wait for us to call you back. I don't know where you live, but if there is a time difference compared to us, please be aware of this! My colleagues will try to reach you between 0900AM-0900PM (dutch time). 

We will keep withdrawing subscription costs until you've canceled the subscription. You always have a notice period of one month.

I haven't seen a reply from you since you created this topic. Therefore, I assume that you arranged it through another channel of us. Otherwise, I would like to hear it!

I couldnt do any of Your recomended steps, because everything was in Dutch! I know, its a big deal for Dutch companies to translate something to English (or any other international language), therefore I thank You for speaking English with me! What if I just leave my Estonian number here, and somebody will call me back later? Its +37253405772

Oké, @Aleksander Kreiter I'm sorry to tell you this. But, can you please call us +31612001200? This must be possible. I know for sure my colleagues are willing to talk to you in English. I can leave a note in the system for them so they know why you call us. Your contract is your responsibility. Emigrating to your home country (or any other country) simply entails tasks such as canceling current or expiring subscriptions. 

If you still have a running contract, we need proof that you emigrated. Also, you have a 1 month notice period. Please don't forget about this. I want to call you to arrange everything, but I can't. Why? Because I'm not authorized to cancel subscriptions for such reasoning.  :disappointed_relieved:

The problem is that when I call, I need to choose the right way of service (num 1 or num 2 etc..), which is explained only in Dutch. The possible way to solve it is that you call this number, find the solution (which steps I need to make before I reach a real person) and send me this instruction and then Ill try it again!

Hi @Aleksander Kreiter! Fair enough. I called the number.

First, the bot says: This conversation can be recorded and converted to text bla, bla, bla.
Hereafter he asks: How can we help you? Followed by a *beep*tone.
Now it's your turn to say: ‘Cancel subscription’. Because it is in English the bot won't be able to understand what you say. He will say some about not being able to understand what you said and might ask you to repeat it, but you can ignore this. After a while (1 minute or so), he will put you through to a colleague of mine.

You can also call, wait and say nothing up until he says: Press 1 for English. This will take approximately 1 minute 20 (of the bot saying things you can't understand) before he reaches this. Good luck!

Thanks for the information!