Skip to main content

Hi

I'm Tetiana. I didn't receive the ordered iPhone SE. I have called to PostNl and they have told me, that they didn't received the phone from KPN. I have called kpn numerous times. First the call centre employee told me that the phone had not been sent to PostNl, despite the fact that I had received a Track & Trace from kpn with the date of receipt, and that it was an incomprehensible system error and that no one knew how to resolve the issue. She then sent me an email and a link to kpn.com/complaints and said I should leave my request there to fix the problem. But the link doesn't work. I've called again and again, but no one can tell me if the phone was even sent. I finally got an email from KPN that I can't get my order. I called again and someone told me that PostNl should contact KPN about them not receiving the phone for me. But PostNl won't ask anything, because whether I have the phone or not doesn't make a difference to them. Then another call centre employee told me that I had to wait for further information for an unknown amount of time. I really need to have mobile internet and this phone, and I can't wait for a month. How can we quickly resolve this issue?"

Thanks!

Hi @Tetiana, welcome! Sorry to hear your phone hasn't been delivered. In general, the process is that when we send the phone to PostNL and it goes missing, PostNL needs to do an investigation to see when and where it went wrong. After that investigation has been completed, we can continue the process and re-order the phone for you.

That investigation needs to be requested. If that hasn't happened, the whole thing will not move forward.

If you still need assistance, would you please fill out your forum profile? Reply here when you've done so. I'll look into it for you, then.

Thanks for the answer.  I have filled out my profile. I have received next mail from KPN: Bezorging bestelling Op 11 oktober 2023 tussen 12.30 en 18.00 uur bezorgen we je bestelling op het volgende, door jou opgegeven adres: *****Now I'm waiting what will be tomorrow.

Then I suggest we wait until then. Will you let me know if you receive the phone today, @Tetiana?

My story continues. Today I waited for the courier from this morning and all day. First I got an email that the courier would be there from 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Of course no one came. At 2.31 pm I received the next email:

De koerier van AMP kon je nieuwe Apple iPhone SE (3e generatie) 128GB, PRODUCT RED met bestelnummer S3950****** helaas niet bij je afleveren. Daarom annuleren we je bestelling zodra deze retour is. Dit kan 2 tot 3 dagen duren.

I don't understand why such simple things cause KPN such great difficulties and I have to wait for my order for weeks and every time I have to interrupt my holiday and specially come for an order that nobody is going to deliver. Why can't KPN organise their work normally and just cancel the order so that a new one can be placed if something goes wrong? I don't have a Netherlands sim card at the moment, which is bloody inconvenient! How do I get my sim card and phone back in the end?

The funny and sad thing is that I can't order a new phone now because I have to fill in a form where I can only enter a Dutch phone number, which I don't have at the moment. The Belgian number cannot be entered in the order form. Can someone explain to me how I can order a phone now? Last time I used my work number, which I can no longer use. And on top of everything else, the price of this phone has increased in the time I have been trying to get it.

My story continues. Today I waited for the courier from this morning and all day. First I got an email that the courier would be there from 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Of course no one came. At 2.31 pm I received the next email:

De koerier van AMP kon je nieuwe Apple iPhone SE (3e generatie) 128GB, PRODUCT RED met bestelnummer S3950****** helaas niet bij je afleveren. Daarom annuleren we je bestelling zodra deze retour is. Dit kan 2 tot 3 dagen duren.

Oh no, I"m so sorry. I checked to see if I could find a reason, but I can't see that from here. 

I don't understand why such simple things cause KPN such great difficulties and I have to wait for my order for weeks and every time I have to interrupt my holiday and specially come for an order that nobody is going to deliver. Why can't KPN organise their work normally and just cancel the order so that a new one can be placed if something goes wrong? I don't have a Netherlands sim card at the moment, which is bloody inconvenient! How do I get my sim card and phone back in the end?

I understand the frustration. Unfortunately, when the courier cannot complete the delivery, the phone gets sent back to us. And we can't process the cancellation until we have received the phone back.

The funny and sad thing is that I can't order a new phone now because I have to fill in a form where I can only enter a Dutch phone number, which I don't have at the moment. The Belgian number cannot be entered in the order form. Can someone explain to me how I can order a phone now? Last time I used my work number, which I can no longer use. And on top of everything else, the price of this phone has increased in the time I have been trying to get it.

For re-ordering, I suggest visiting a KPN store, you can find the closest KPN store via this link. We don't carry the phone you ordered there, so it will still have to be delivered by courier. But the colleague in the store can do the order for you, which should solve the phone number hickup. Although having a Dutch phone number entered would be advisable as some communication can also be done via text. Maybe you have a partner, friend or family member whose number you could temporarily use? After activation of your own number, you can change the contact number to that one.

My story continues...The day before yesterday I ordered a callback (it was possible to do this to a Belgian number). Yesterday morning the ordered call took place.  The operator who called me was apparently prepared for the call and knew my situation well, so I didn't have to explain everything in detail (which saved me a lot of time!). The operator confirmed the information that my order was cancelled. I asked if I could repeat the same order again. And then it turned out that in fact the phone is out of stock at this moment in time, and the waiting time is one week. I asked back in August if I could order the phone today and receive it a week later. In August I was told that there is no such option and if I order today, I will have to receive the phone tomorrow. And at the same time yesterday the operator was ready to place the order again, while it is clear in advance that everything will be repeated again! 

Why does KPN put itself in such conditions when KPN cannot fulfil its obligations? And why does the client bear all the responsibility and all the costs (moral and financial) associated with KPN's problems? I had to cancel all my business twice and specially come to meet the courier in person, when it was known in advance that KPN did not send the order. And this would have happened again and again if I had re-ordered the same phone! Why can't KPN book an item that is not currently available and then inform its customer when the phone will actually be in stock and when KPN will actually be ready to fulfil its declared commitment "If you ordered today, you'll get it tomorrow"? As a result, I only ordered a sim card. But it turned out that even one sim card was not possible to "get it tomorrow" either. The closest day when there was a possibility of delivery was the 17th of October. And this is on the condition that KPN will really send the SIM card "tomorrow" and not later! This time, when placing the order, the contact phone number was the SIM card number, which the courier is supposed to deliver to me (because I don't have another Dutch number, and I can't use a Belgian number)!

I really want to hope that the courier doesn't get the idea to send my order back just because he doesn't get through to me before visiting my home!

But that's not all! I asked if I could order the phone separately, as I could wait until it was available. And the operator told me that I can order the phone only after 3 (!) months, as this is KPN's policy. Could KPN make an exception for me on the basis that it is not me who does not want to order a phone together with a SIM card now, but KPN who cannot provide me with my phone?

If you order a  subscription with a phone from us that is in stock, we will dispatch this the next day. That is standard as most people prefer to receive their phone quickly. However, you can always change the date through the online environment Mijn Bestelling (log in with your order number).

If a phone is not in stock, we can't deliver until we have it. You will get notice when it's ready for delivery and you can make, or change, the appointment.

A sim only is also delivered by courier, so we are dependent on space in their schedule. But for this, also, you have the option to schedule it on a (later) moment that is more convenient for you. Have you received the sim card?

We offer, as a service, the option to transfer a sim only contract to one with a phone. But for that we require that a subscription is at least three months active. Unfortunately, we cannot deviate from that. 

I finally have got my sim card. Yay! After three weeks of effort, things are moving forward! Thank you for participating in my situation here on the forum! I think it has sped up the resolution of the problem. I still need a phone, and I'm hoping to buy one from the shop as I've been advised here.  I hope that KPN will be more alert to their customers in the future, and will really inform about delays or inability to fulfil an order before the scheduled and failed the courier's visit.

Good to hear, Tetiana! Happy to have been of service here :)